Examine the use of effective negotiation in a customer service environment.
This paper provides an overview of the interpersonal and organizational variables that influence a negotiator's behavior and decision-making processes. In particular, it focuses on Customer Service environment and selects the negotiation strategy to be used in a given situation, while identifying a negotiator's behavior and decision-making processes. It attempts to design specific strategies and tactics based on the interests, positions, and standards of each party and defends the negotiating tactics used in order to reach a compromise.
Negotiation takes place whenever two or more people or groups ...view middle of the document...
This bargaining strategy tends to be more aggressive then the Cooperative bargaining. This is also the most common type of negotiation that occurs in most of the situation in customer service environment.
Successful rules of negotiation includes arguments and counter arguments, fallback positions and creative solutions and as well as alternatives to agreement.
Planning and Analyzing
Before getting into any kind of negotiation Customer service Representative should decide exactly what is to be negotiated about and what would be the best outcome.
• Plan and prepare a strategy for successful negotiations
• Be aware of all the issues at stake and their relative importance.
• Use effective negotiation skills and behaviors to gather information
• Analyze factors those are negotiable, like upper and lower parameters for an acceptable deals
• Analyze factors that non - negotiable, like limits imposed by money, time, company policy, etc. that forms the limit to negotiate.
• Manage conflict and deadlock
A successful negotiating results...