* Every time you speak you earn points
* Every time you would like to speak in committee, raise you placard and wait to be called on
* The more points you get, the more likely you are to receive an award
* Be confident!
* The chair will highly smile upon opening the speaker’s list
-Hint: When the chair “highly smiles” upon something, it means they want it to happen
* Raise your placard and say (if chosen by the chair to do so), “Motion to open debate”
* The committee will vote on this motion and it will pass
* Raise your placard (and if chosen) say, “Motion to open the speaker’s list”
* The ...view middle of the document...
There will be no more talking and no more note passing
* Your chair will go over each resolution and ask all those for, all those against, and those who abstain (vote how you feel necessary)
Hint: If you don’t want to vote, you may abstain unless you said “present and voting” during roll call
* 2/3 of the majority vote will pass the resolution
* If the resolution passes, you may clap
* Now the chair will highly smile upon moving out of voting bloc
* Any country can motion to move out of voting bloc. Raise your placard and (if chosen) say, “Motion to move out...