Faculty of Business Administration
EBIS112 Contemporary Information systems for organizations
1st Semester (2013/2014)
Due date: 21st Oct. (for Class 003)
22nd Oct. (for Classes 001 -002)
1. Cover page with the title of course, session number, your name and student number and date of submission. Please refer to additional file for details.
2. Use 1-inch for your ...view middle of the document...
4. Answer in YOUR OWN WORDS. Please note that direct wording from either the textbook or your notes will be subjected to mark deduction.
5. Your answer should be PRECISE and COMPLETE. Lengthy answers do NOT necessarily give you higher marks.
• Please answer your questions in your own words. Identical works found by the instructor will be considered as cheating and no mark will be given to all those involved. Regarding to late submission, 10% will be deducted per day and works submitted five(5) days after the due date will NOT be accepted.
1. Describe how information systems have changed the way businesses operate and their products and services
2. Information systems are too important to be left to computer designers. Do you agree with the statement? Why or why not?
3. How could information systems be used to support the order fulfillment process illustrated in Figure 2-1? What are the most important pieces of information these systems should capture? Explain your answer.
4. Explain how enterprise applications improve organizational performance?