CASE STUDY:El-Alamein Name : Parenkumar
Case study Question
The system that is described in the case is ERP(Enterprise resource planning
* An integrated system that operates in (next to) real time, without relying on periodic update
* A common database, that supports all applications.
* A consistent look and feel throughout each module.
* Installation of the system without elaborate application/data integration by the Information Technology (IT) department.
The reason behind why company changes took place. ...view middle of the document...
Telepresence conference rooms use state-of-the art room designs, video cameras, displays, sound-systems and processors, coupled with high-to-very-high capacity bandwidth transmissionsallow user to feel that the other user is sitting in front of them using sharp high definition televisions and large screens.
It allow two or more locations to interact via two-way video and audio transmissions simultaneously. It has also been called 'visual collaboration' and is a type of groupware.
* faculty members keeping in touch with classes while attending conferences;
* guest lecturers brought int classes from other institutions.
* researchers collaborating with colleagues at other institutions on a regular basis without loss of time due to travel;
* schools with multiple campuses collaborating and sharing professors.
Looking at all the benefits of video conference , If I was having a business with lot of branch I would definitely implement video conference.
MIS in action
In every kind of business in this technology world video conference is playing an important role.
In the past, NTUC Income, which has over a million insurance policy holders, processes were very tedious and paper-based. The entire insurance process started with customers meeting an agent, filling in forms and submitting documents. The agent would then submit the forms at...