HNC BusinessUnit 4 Marketing Principles
Learning outcome 2
Micro & Macro Environment
Objectives of presentation
• Discover the micro marketing environment (internal)
• Discover the macro marketing environment (PEST
• Explain ‘The Marketing Audit’ and how the elements
influence marketing decisions
Integrated marketing strategies take advantage of a combination of communication
tools and media to spread a message such as one-to-one marketing, mass marketing
and direct marketing.
The strategy is developed to ensure the company will deliver the intended value to
those customers through a blend of marketing mix tools.
of ...view middle of the document...
The marketing audit is a fundamental part of the marketing planning process. It is
conducted not only at the beginning of the process, but also at a series of points
during the implementation of the plan. The marketing audit considers both internal
and external influences on marketing planning, as well as a review of the plan itself.
CIM – Chartered Institute of Marketing highlights the process of the Marketing
Audit for a business and how this can assist the planning and management of
marketing in the business.
Characteristics of a Marketing Audit
• Is a comprehensive study of all marketing activities of a company
• Is a systematic process that follows a step by step procedure
• Is a periodic activity and must be completed regularly
• Is conducted by an independent person who is not...