MGT 312 Final Exam UOP New Materials
1. Self-enhancement and self-transcendence are:
• Endpoints of one of the dimensions of values
• Personal attitudes
• Workplace attitudes
2. Regarding using personality testing as part of the hiring process, experts have concluded that:
• The effects of personality on job performance are so large it cannot be ignored by managers
• The typical personality test is not a valid predictor of job performance
• There are many valid instruments available to managers to test for personality types
• Only the Big Five should be used as predictors of job performance
3. Keyshawn is a player on a professional football team. Because of ...view middle of the document...
They constantly work to ensure that all deliveries reach their destinations on schedule, and the company, in turn, rewards the employees with performance-based awards and profit sharing. Which function of organizational culture is exemplified here?
• Shaping behavior by helping members make sense of their surroundings
• Giving members an organizational identity
• Facilitating collective commitment
• Promoting social system stability
8. Janelle, one of Abdul’s employees, has performed poorly on many aspects of her job since she was hired four months ago. This is likely to be attributed to:
• Internal causes
• External causes
• Fundamental bias
• Self-serving bias
9. The steps in the process of stereotype formation and maintenance in order are:
• Inferences, categorization, expectations, maintenance.
• Categorization, inferences, expectations, maintenance.
• Categorization, expectations, inferences, maintenance.
• Expectations, categorization, inferences, maintenance.
10. Which of the following mechanisms for changing organizational culture addresses all three levels of culture?
• Workflow and organizational structure
• Organizational goals
• Deliberate role modeling, training, and coaching
• Rites and rituals
University of Phoenix Final Exam Study Guide MGT 312 Final Exam
11. Research shows that, in general:
• Social capital increases group conflict.
• Social capital can improve operations.
• Social capital decreases work group integration.
• Social capital decreases organizational performance.
12. According to the Ajzen model, the strongest predictor of an employee’s behavior is (are):
• The employee's attitudes
• The employee's values
• Social norms
• The employee's intentions
13. Performance on tests like the Scholastic Aptitude Test and the Graduate Management Admissions Test is likely to be most closely related to:
• Interpersonal intelligence
• Logical-mathematical intelligence
• Intrapersonal intelligence
• Naturalist intelligence
14. Joyce finds that the members of the project team to which she has been assigned in her management class are all athletes on the college’s football and basketball teams. She immediately considers dropping the class because she thinks her experience with that team will be negative. Joyce is likely to be reacting to a:
• Semantic memory
• Self-serving bias
• Negativity bias
15. The corporate staff in the accounting department at ABC Corporation went on 12-hour days during the holiday season, just like the regular retail employees do during that season. This is an example of a(n) _________ change.
• Radically innovative
16. Sustainable businesses tend to be run by CEOs who are:
University of Phoenix Final Exam Study Guide MGT 312 Entire Course...