Coffee House Marketing Plan
Smokey Row Coffee House
The coffee industry is well developed and rooted in the American society, Smokey Row Coffee House offers its own unique and nostalgic take of the local coffee shop. Appealing to all ages, they present a warm and inviting atmosphere where one can procure a cup of their signature coffee in addition to some non-traditional coffee house offerings. Based on a concept steeped in Midwest hospitality, Smokey Row Coffee House offers a coffee house environment with the added feel of an old fashioned soda fountain including a diner menu.
Smokey Row Coffee House was established in 1998 and ...view middle of the document...
• Customer service: small town feeling, steeped with Midwestern hospitality.
• Competitive pricing: in relation to competition, offer comparable pricing.
The market trend has been steady over the last few years for daily consumption of coffee beverages by consumers. There is a slight increase of consumers choosing to make their coffee needs at home.
• Free Internet
• Product availability: make product available in other locations like Walmart and local grocery stores.
• Quality offerings: market trends report that 80%+ of coffee consumed is now gourmet.
• Accessibility: people are on the go and want convenient, accessible locations for quality coffee.
The following SWOT analysis captures key strengths and weaknesses within the company and describes the opportunities and threats facing Smokey Row Coffee House.
• Local and unique coffee blends.
• Unlike typical coffee houses, geared towards all ages.
• Full service diner menu, and old fashioned soda fountain.
• Pricing in general.
• Practical location issues, including limited parking.
• Order practicality, concern with menu placement and traditionality.
• Increased growth for product retail at major chains – commercial marketing.
• Additional location – franchise opportunity?
• Possible catering expansion. Would also increase visibility and word of mouth.
• Competition from local fast food market and coffee house chains.
• Recession – the economic recession can directly decrease customer spending.
• Exposure to the rising costs of coffee and dairy products, which can impact the cost.
The competition comes from several different sources.
Typical coffees shops provide easy-going social settings and convenient accessibility to a wide variety of coffee products. The spectrum ranges from easily identifiable brands (Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts) to local product offering. Price and location are key factors that position the competitive environment.
Fast Food Chains
The majority of fast food chains have offerings of their own coffee products in combination with their food menu. Fast food chains are highly visible in most markets. Low prices in combination with their food menu tender a competitive market against the standard coffee house options.
Every person has their own preferred coffee preferences. Smokey Row Coffee House aims to provide unique coffee blends that will quench and retain the customer base.
Smokey Row Coffee House has the traditional coffee choices in addition to a full diner menu
Smokey Row Coffee House produces and sells their own unique coffee flavors which include the following:
|Smokey Row House Blend | |
|Our signature house...