Social Media Marketing Plan
BU 216 Social Media
January 29, 2016
Week 1 (Group 4)
Purpose of Social Media Marketing Campaign for the Apple IPhone 6:
* spread word about how the Apple IPhone 6 is thinner, bendable, and larger through users' existing social networks - networks work
* Promote public discussion of the Apple IPhone 6 in slightly more friendly format.
* Draw attention to the Apple’s IPhone 6 content/updates/needs – so people can post/tweet about it!
* outreach to more community groups through their own FB/Twitter presences
Some of the ways to identifies prospective target audience includes the ...view middle of the document...
* Product-User Segmentation: targeting customers based on product usage, which includes the amount and/or consumption patterns of product category or brand
* Lifestyle Segmentation: targeting customers based on their lifestyle, which includes values, beliefs, attitudes, behavior personality, perceptions, perspectives, interests, media usage, preferences of social experience, political view, etc.
The three main targeting strategies are:
1) Mass Marketing: going after the whole market by offering only one particular brand, service, and/or product that answers consumers’ common needs
2) Differentiated Marketing: go after several market segments by offering different features tailor with the specific brand, service, and/or product
3) Target Marketing: go after a small segment or sub-segment by offering a customize brand, service, and/or product
Social Media Channels
The top five social media channels that will be useful to promote the Apple IPhone 6 includes the following marketing tools:
1) Social News Sites
2) Social Networking
3) Social Events
5) Forums and message boards
The top five major reasons why these social media marketing tools are the most effective marketing tools to promote the Apple IPhone 6 includes the following:
1) Social News Sites like Digg, Reddit, and NewsVine allow businesses and people to submit their own stories, articles, blog content, videos, and photos. This site provide organizations like the Fortune 500 Companies and outsource marketing firm with the capability to look for new trends in the telecommunication industry market, including the ability to track their competitor status, and consumers experience.
2) Social Networking allow community members to upload photos, videos, comment, form special groups and host social interaction that bring people together. Social media websites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter have given Apple IPhone 6 the privilege to advertise ads and post news feed and updates about what’s trending in the cell phone market.
3) Social Events are searchable through Yahoo or Google which it browses upcoming events, such as art exhibition and business conferences. These media sites have provided the Apple IPhone 6 with the opportunity to send out notifications to users about a specific events that may appeal to them by influencing them to attend and support the organization brand.
4) Micro-blogging/blogs have marketing tools for users, such as creating threads in forums and message boards. This type of media tool is good for discussing, posting, and commenting about a particular topic, brand, services and/or product. This gives company’s like that of Apple who sells Apple product like the Apple IPhone 6 the ability to review the social communication of their customers discussion, posts, comments, and experience.
5) Forums and Message Boards sites like Wiki’s and Widgets are resources that can provide anyone with the ability...