Chapter one: Company History
SQUARE today symbolizes a name – a state of mind. But its journey to the growth and prosperity has been no bed of roses. From the inception in 1958, it has today burgeoned into one of the top line conglomerates in Bangladesh. SQUARE today is more than just an organization, it is an institute. In a career spanning across five decades it has pioneered the development of the local business in fields as diverse as Pharmaceuticals, Toiletries, Garments, Textile, Information Technology, Health Products, Food Products, Hospital, etc. With annual turnover above US $ 450 million and with a workforce more than 22,000, square today is a true icon in Bangladesh business ...view middle of the document...
1998: Second unit of Square Textiles Ltd. is established.
2000: Square Spinnings Ltd starts its journey.
2001: Square Knits Ltd. is established.
: Square Fashions Ltd starts its operation.
: US FDA/ UK MHRA standard Dhaka unit of Pharmaceuticals goes into operation.
: Square Consumer Products Ltd starts its operation.
: Square Infomatix is established.
: Square Hospitals Ltd is incorporated.
2005: New State-of-the-Art Square Cephalosporins Ltd. goes into operation: built as per US FDA/ UK MHRA requirements.
2006: Square Hospitals Ltd starts its journey.
2007: Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Dhaka Unit gets the UK MHRA approval.
2008: of Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd. starts SVPO (Small Volume Parental & Ophthalmic) unit, built as per US FDA requirements, goes into operation.
We attempt to understand the unique needs of the consumer and translate that needs into products which satisfies them in the form of quality products, high level of service and affordable price range in a unique way.
1. Addressing the unique needs, we endeavor for top quality products at the least cost reaching homes of all people in the country.
2. With continuous R&D and innovation we strive to make our products complying with international standards in order to provide top-notch brands to our consumers both domestic and international.
3. To fulfill our responsibility to the Government through payment of entire range of due taxes, duties, and claim to various public agencies. And as responsible citizens, we make every effort for a social order devoid of malpractices, anti-environmental behaviors, unethical and corruptive dealings.
4. We strive for best compensation to all the employees who are the back-bone of the company through a pay-package composing salary/wages, allowances, bonus, profit participation, leaves salary and superannuation & retirement benefits.
5. To be socially responsible to the citizens of Bangladesh by initiating activations conforming to social and cultural benefits.
Objectives of the study:
Broad Objective is to analysis the Marketing Mix (4 P’s) and competitors evaluation of Square Toiletries Company Ltd.
❖ List business portfolio of the organization and evaluate the SBU’s by BCG matrix.
❖ List product and services of the organization with different sizes and prices.
❖ Implementation of Ansoff Product-Market Expansion Grid Strategies for the company’s relevant products.
❖ List Societal Marketing Activities.
❖ Company Philosophies for the Company’s existing Products.
❖ Finding Product Mix of the selected company (Line Length, Line Width, Line Depth)
❖ Brand Development Strategies for the company’s...