Nike is the world’s renowned and leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparels. It controls more than 47% of athletic shoe market with sale of U.S dollar 3.7 Billion. This company was founded in 1962 by Bill Bower man and Phil knight as Blue Ribbon Support and later on it became Nike in 1978 (Partlow, 2003). It is supplying its high quality products in more than 100 countries with its major target areas including United States, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Americas. Nike has attained this legendary position through innovative and attractive design, quality production and wise marketing strategies.
Nike has huge range in its target market. They have wide range ...view middle of the document...
• To meet the requirement of all type of customers (male, female, old and Young).
• Promote the sustainable development of product design and novelty.
• To encourage the development of designs allowing the young people to cash the maximum benefits from exercising.
• To reduce the product design, Packaging waste and use of organic volatile compounds to make it environment friendly.
• To attain climate neutrality.
• The mission is to exceed from all leading athletic companies and make it widely available across the globe.
• Maintain the leading position in the market by supplying quality products and innovative designs and attract maximum number of customer belonging to all ages and lifestyle.
• Guarantee the availability of all kinds of products at all leading stores and markets.
• To meet the changing demands of customers.
• Value the laborers, stake holders and other communities in the implementation of every strategy and decision.
• Encourage the environment friendly and pollution free development by reducing the emission and waste minimizing activities with the help of various projects sponsored by WWF and other organizations.
• The company will now focus on providing quality products on low prices to have greater share in the market.
Yearly Marketing Budget
• The company has invested 1 billion in the past two years for community stores.
• They plan to invest at least 315 million U.S dollars by 2011.
• More over the company also intend to work with 700 other factories that produce Nike products to enlarge the business.
Marketing Mix of Nike
• Nike’s foremost focus is athletic footwear and apparels designed for sports and every day usage with the brand name.
• The production facilities are located close to the raw material to have low labor prices.
• New product offerings under the name of brand include sport balls, timepieces, eyewear, skates, bats, and other equipment designed for sports activities.
• The most famous product categories of Nike includes: Running, Basketball, Cross-training, Outdoor activities, Tennis, Golf, Soccer, Baseball, Football, Bicycling, Volley ball, wrestling, cheerleading, Aquatic activities and other Athletic and recreational use (Todd, Sitthichok, Mottus, Mihlan, & Wing, 2008),.
• Moreover they also utilize the auxiliary bodies to sell the sports related raw materials and products including: Cole Haan Holdings Inc., Nike Team Sports, Inc., Nike IHM, Inc., and Bauer Nike Hockey Inc.
• The company has designed its pricing structure in a way to make it competitive to other shoe sellers.
• The prices of the products are variable depending on the type and the size for example a comfortable and good pair of shoes would cost from 70...