1. According to a recent survey, ______ of Americans report having people in their lives they can trust and turn to for support.
A. only about half
B. 60 percent
C. 75 percent
D. almost all
2. Which of the following makes it more likely that two people will develop a romantic relationship?
B. having different opinions and attitudes
C. differing physical characteristics such as age and attractiveness
D. differing levels of educational attainment
3. Which of the following means standing up for yourself without violating the rights of others?
D. ...view middle of the document...
8. Which of the following statements about cohabitation is true?
A. Cohabitation is defined by the U.S. government as two people of the same or opposite sex living together as unmarried partners.
B. Fewer than 50 percent of women enter a cohabiting relationship in their lifetime.
C. Only about 30 percent of marriages are preceded by a cohabiting relationship.
D. Some studies have shown that cohabitation decreases the likelihood of success in marriage.
9. Which of the following statements about spirituality is FALSE?
A. Spirituality is defined as a connection to self, others, and community.
B. Spirituality involves a personal value system.
C. Spirituality requires participation in organized religion.
D. Spirituality provides a sense of purpose and meaning.
10. Studies have shown that spiritual practices such as meditation and prayer
A. cause individuals to become disassociated with reality.
B. reduce the secretion of stress hormones.
C. are valuable only when practiced in organized groups.
D. are believed by practitioners to be helpful but have no measurable clinical benefits.
11. Sally has euphoric feelings while working with children at the Ronald McDonald House. She is experiencing
A. a helper’s high.
B. volunteerism bliss.
D. a flowthrough.
12. T/F: There are two kinds of important relationships: those you have with friends, and those you have with intimate partners.
13. T/F: Assets in forming healthy relationships include a healthy sense of self, reasonably high self-esteem, and the ability to be alone and to be with others.
14. T/F: Based on Sternberg’s triangular model, love with intimacy and passion but no commitment is...