Question (1) following the passage refer to the numbered sentences in the passage. Answer the questions by choosing the best alternative using logic and organization.
[pic]There was one simple thing from my recent trip to the Thar Desert that amazed me. [pic] At night, millions of stars were clearly visible in a way they never are at home. [pic] When brilliant city lights shine into the sky, they obstruct our view of the galaxy. [pic] Scientists have given this phenomenon a name, they call it "light pollution."
1. Which of the following is the best version of sentence 1?
A. As it is now
B. It was simply amazing in the Thar ...view middle of the document...
In fact they go slowly covering four to five kilometers an hour. But they can walk many hours on the burning sands of the desert. Their feet are made in such a way that walking on sand and hard rock is easy for them.
4. What makes camels the best means of transport in a desert is their ability to
A. walk in the sands
B. walk for many hours
C. carry heavy loads
D. all of the above
5. A coffee shop sold 35 cups of coffee. Of these, 15 contained sugar and 12 contained milk. If 13 cups contained neither milk nor sugar, how many cups must have contained both sugar and milk?
6. When -4 is added to -5, the sum is
7. If 4 x 5 = 1620, 3 x 8 = 924 then 7 x 6 =?
8. October, June, December, August, April
If the above words were arranged in order, with what letter would the middle begin?
9. Which of the following lists the spending by the Pakistan government from the largest category to the smallest category?