* What are the characteristics of e-marketing—be able to explain them in the context of how a real-world or hypothetical business is able to capitalize on them.
- E-marketing- The strategic process of distributing, promoting, pricing products, and discovering the desires of customers using digital media and digital marketing.
- Characteristics of e-marketing:
Addressability- The ability of a marketer to identify customers before they make a purchase. Example- digital media technology makes it possible for customers to identify themselves and provide information about their product needs and wants before their purchase.
Social Network- Web-based meeting place for friends, ...view middle of the document...
Through websites, social networks, and other digital media, consumers can learn about everything they consume and use in life. These media channels provide feedback mechanisms through which customers can ask questions, voice complaints, voice preference, and communicate about their needs and desires.
- It is an inexpensive way for businesses to gain the competitive edge in order to be much more successful.
* How does online consumer behavior differ from consumer behavior in other domains? What are the implications for marketing strategy?
- Online consumer behavior is totally different because there are many other outlets consumers use to get information or basically analyze information. The marketing strategies are more difficult because marketers must constantly adapt to new technologies and changing consumer patterns.
* How do different “social consumers” vary in their social media behavior?
- 6 ways consumer gather information through digital technology:
- Creators- Publish blogs, web pages, videos, upload music, write articles or stories.
- Critics- Post ratings/reviews of products or services, comment on someone else’s blog
- Collectors- Gather information and organize content generated by critics and creators.
- Spectators- Those consumers who read what other consumers produce but do not produce and content themselves.
- Inactives- Online users who do not participate in any digital online media.
- Joiners- Anyone who becomes a member of any type of social media.
* What is a brick and clicks strategy? When might it be more or less successful?
- This makes it essential for businesses, small and large, to learn how to effectively use digital media. Most businesses are finding it necessary to use digital marketing to grab or maintain the market share. The “bricks and clicks” strategy- in the process companies that use digital media and social networking marketing well can receive the added benefit of streamlining their organizations and offering entirely new benefits and convenience to consumers.
- Part of the reason for its success is that it is far easier for a traditional retailer to establish an online presence than it is for a start-up company to employ a successful pure “dot com” strategy, or for an online retailer to establish a traditional presence.
- Another success- Online shopping saves a lot more time as opposed to going into a retail store.
- Fraud can derive from this.
- Consumers can’t really inspect the product as well online.
* Explain the various ways that digital media can be used for marketing research. Provide examples. What are the advantages and disadvantages associated with each?
- Marketing research and information systems can use digital media and social networking sites to gather useful information for marketing decisions. Twitter and Facebook can be good substitute for focus groups. Online surveys can serve as an alternative to mail, telephone, or personal interviews.