Detailed project description requirements
Structure of the project description:
“Living Root” is a social-environmental project that focusing on provide and maintan a Green Open Spaces and provide education through creative learnings for childrens in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia.
The tagline of Living Root is “Before you grow up, you have to be down to earth”. This tagline is encourage Parahyangan Catholic University’s students from various background study in Bandung to learn and share more. And be an impactful youth for society. Due to value of Parahyangan Catholic University, “Based on out knowledge, we have to service others”, my team and i conducted this project as our services ...view middle of the document...
And to raising awereness about how important green open space is. So, peoples will not to focus on city development only, but think more about how important green open spaces is.
2.2 The problem description:
Background of the problem/ the problem today/ the problem in future;
Background of the problem :
1. Based on research , i found the information that nowadays Indonesian people is so busy construct and build the city with tower and etc. In 2007, there are only 9% green open spaces out of 30% of the city in Bandung, Indonesia. So, There are lack of Green Open Spaces in Bandung because of city development.
2. There are the gap between educated and uneducated peoples in Indonesia. Only 2% Indonesian people out of 240 millions that could get an opportunity to get higeher education into university.
3. Many childrens in Bukit Jarian, Bandung didnt go to school because of financial problems.
Based on my personal observation, i found that many of childrens n Bukit Jarian Bandung didnt have a playground anymore because of city development. There are usually play football and etc in the narrow alley. This narrow alley also used by the citizen. So, in the same narrow alley, there are a lot of motor bike, and the seller and etc. So, the childrens didint have an opportunity to grow, learn and play in the safe place like a playground.
Possible ways of solving the problem.
Create a collaboration between youths, government, university, local citizens and also children to hand in hand together solve this problems. We could be provide a better place for childrens in Bukit Jarian.
2.3 SWOT analysis of the project;
* The team is consisting of 40 students of Parahyangan Catholic University from various major.
* This project could give an opportunity for local citizens who usually work as a construction labourer.
* There are a lot of Childrens in Bukit Jarian, Bandung. Its around 50-60 childrens who really excited and could involved in this program.
* We have a limited fund to provide and maintain the playground for childrens.
* Its hard to conduct meeting full team due to the team is consiting of 40 students from various background.
* Until now, we still borrow the land to the land owner. The land is around 742m2. Actually we had borrowed that land for free. We cant afford o buy that land because the price of land is quite expensive.
* This project could be collaborate with other communities such as Leo Clubs, Ambassador of Indonesian Culture and Tourism, Young Leaders for Indonesia, and etc
* We could nspire others to create same action or...