MKT 421 Week 5
Map the Supply Chain Paper
Map the Supply Chain – Introduction
Supply chain logistics is a fundamental component of the global economic system. Goods can change hands from a variety of different global companies, which some form of value being added at each stage. In the context of marketing, the following paper will map the supply chain of the solar panel industry. This is a growing industry that has seen a massive amount of growth over the last 10 years. Each major piece of the supply chain will be outlined in detail, which includes the manufacturer, distributer, and retailer.
Solar panels are an alternative energy source that is used ...view middle of the document...
Some of the roles of the solar panel distributer are listed below:
* Arranges international shipment of products from Asia.
* Provides ground transport of panels to the retailer.
* Provides logistical support and consulting.
* Receives payment from retailers for delivery of products.
* Provides credit for large-scale projects and orders.
Solar panel distributers serve as a middleman in the industry to ensure that deals are facilitated properly. Logistics for such products can be very complex and the company must have a great deal of strategic assets capable of delivering to many global locations.
Retailer / Contractor
The final destination in the supply chain for solar panels is either a retailer or a construction contractor. Some panels end up a commercial warehouse stores where they can be sold to consumers conducting their own DIY solar panel install. In addition, solar panels are used for many marine and aviation applications that are provided by online retailers. The other potential destination is a general contractor who will ultimately install the solar panels for customer. Some of the duties of this stage in the supply chain are mapped out below:
* Provides a location for end users to shop for the products.
* Deals with customer service and service claims.
* Provides local advertising and marketing...