MID TERM EXAM ODD SEMESTER 2012/2013
Instruction: answer ALL the questions below. Consider the weight of each question and allocate the time properly.
Problem 1 (20%)
1. Bond Valuation (10%)
PT Maju Issue 11-year bonds last year with coupon rate 8,2%. Thix coupon paid semi-annually. If coupon Yield to Maturity is 10%, andpar value of obligation is $1000. Determine intrinsic value of the bond!
2. Stock Valuation (10%)
PT Mundur is a fast growing company. Company dividend is expected to rise at 30% within first-three years, and decline to 5% constantly year after. Company has just paid early dividend at amount of $20.85. if company required return is 15%, determine intrinsic value of the stock!
Problem 2 (15%)
In your retirement period later, you are planning to do a vacation to around the world and this ...view middle of the document...
Company financial reports for year 2010 and 2011 are as follow:
Based on financial informations provided above, complete the empty tables (OIROI, ROA and ROE) and explain:
1. Company profitability
2. Company liquidity
3. Company leverage
4. Company rate of return
5. Company strength(s) and weakness(es) compared to other companies in the same industry.
Problem 4 (20%)
Make pro-forma balance sheet of Darkhound Corp. and calculate the amount of financing needed by the company for year 2012 using information in financial reports provided below and percentage of sales method if knowing the production capacity is at full capacity. (notes: sales increase at 20% and dividend payout ratio is 45%, other expenses and interest expense assumed constant)
Balance sheet Darkhound Corp. (Rp 000)
Problem 5 (25%)
MMCC is valuating new electrical products feasibility. It aimed to anticipated rising number of home composters, based in conversation with buyer, below is the sales per unit projection:
Year | Unit Sales | MACRS depreciation rate |
1 | 3000 | 20.00% |
2 | 5000 | 32.00% |
3 | 6000 | 19.20% |
4 | 6500 | 11.52% |
5 | 6000 | 11.52% |
6 | 5000 | 5.76% |
* Selling price: $120/unit for the first three years, and $110 for the next year, starting from year 4.
* Starting NWC: $20.000 at the beginning of the project. yearly NWC is counted as 15% from yearly sale.
* Variable cost: $60/unit during 6 year project life
* Fixed cost: $25.000/year during 6 year project life.
* Capital Equipment Cost: $830.000
* Depreciated rate: ACRS; 5 year property class.
* Equipment salvage value is 20% from purchasing value of fixed asset, or $160.000 in year 6.
* Corporate tax is 34%
* Company required return is 15%
Based on previous data, determine:
1. Net present value
2. Profitability index
3. Internal rate of return
4. Is the project feasible to be executed?