1. A device that acts as a connection point between computers and that can filter and forward data to a specified destination is called a (Points : 1)
hub. switch. router. NIC.
2. Which device sends data packets to all connected devices in a network? (Points : 1)
Network interface card Hub Router None of the above
3. The method of slicing digital messages into parcels, transmitting them along different communication paths, and reassembling them at their destination is called (Points : 1)
multiplexing. packet switching. packet routing. ATM.
4. What is the most important communication standard today for linking disparate computers and networks? (Points : 1)
Transmission ...view middle of the document...
Which type of signal follows a straight line and does not bend with the curve of the Earth? (Points : 1)
Radio Satellite Microwave Fiber optic
12. Data is sent through the fiber optic cable by a (Points : 1)
router. laser device. optical device. multiplexer.
13. A domain name server (Points : 1)
provides interconnectivity on the Internet. serves a single domain. converts domain names to IP addresses. prevents hackers from bringing down the Internet.
14. Net neutrality means (Points : 1)
that everyone pays the same for Internet access. that everyone has equal access to information on the Internet. that cable providers can charge different prices based on bandwidth. that there will be no federal regulation of the Internet.
15. Which technology uses the Internet Protocol to deliver voice information in digital form using packet switching? (Points : 1)
TCP/IP VPN VoIP None; voice information is digitally delivered using ATM.
16. In the cloud computing model, (Points : 1)
servers to support intranet and extranet are virtualized to a cloud. enterprise networks disappear. users lose access to certain applications. corporate resources increase.
17. A cloud computing model (Points : 1)
reduces the staff required to operate a typical IT organization. increases the staff required to operate a typical IT organization. does not change the staff required to operate a typical IT organization. moves all IT infrastructure to the cloud.
18. Cost reductions in using cloud based services stem from (Points : 1)
reductions in staff. reductions in energy usage. reductions in servers. All of the above
19. In an RFID system, a(n) _____ is electronically programmed with information that can uniquely identify an item, such as an electronic code. (Points : 1)
reader antenna microchip tag
20. The cloud computing model described in the lecture is an example of which cloud computing model? (Points : 1)
SaaS (Software as a Service) Cloud based operating systems Virtualization of servers Cloud based applications
Which of the following choices may lead to competitive advantage (1) new products, services and business models; (2) charging less for superior products; (3) responding to customers in real time? 1 only 1 and 2 2 and 3 1, 2, and 3
1 of 1
Points Received: Comments:
An information system can be defined technically as a set of interrelated components that collect (or retrieve), process, store, and distribute information to support decision making and control in an organization. communications and data flow. manager's analysis of the organization’s raw data. the creation of new products and services.
1 of 1
Points Received: Comments:
The three activities in an information system that produce the information that organizations use to...