Nike is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing and worldwide marketing and selling of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories and services. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan area. It is one of the world's largest suppliers of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment, with revenue in excess of US$24.1 billion in its fiscal year 2012 (ending May 31, 2012). As of 2012, it employed more than 44,000 people worldwide. In 2010 the brand alone was valued at $10.7 billion, making it the most valuable brand among sports businesses.
The company was ...view middle of the document...
The sections below describe these pillars and how they work together to drive the disruptive innovations that will shape nike company future.
Nike have utilized Integrated Marketing Communication methods in order to let potential customers believe that their product is unique and it is better. Nike uses mass communication in order to contact a large group of people. They use sources such as television and the internet in order to do this successfully. They also use Interpersonal communication in which can be found at Nike retailers,which is located in Manhattan. Nike also have a blog called Inside.Nike.com in which makes members submit their thoughts on advances Nike is making and on current products.
SWOT ANALYSIS FOR
NIKE RUNNING PRODUCT
• High performance fabrics and FIT(Fitness Information Technology) technologies are used to manage temperature and moisture which is helpful for athletes to compete in any condition.
• Manufactures 30% lighter shoes than their competitors making them preferred by consumers.
• Its standing for high quality and innovative footwear .Nike is also known for its innovative marketing .Nike ads are part of the pop culture an impressive achievement.
• Nike has no factories. It does not tie up cash in buildings and manufacturing workers. This makes a very lean organization. Nike is tough at research and development, as is evidenced by its evolving and innovative product range. They then manufacture wherever they can produce high quality product at the lowest possible price. If prices rise, and products can be made more cheaply elsewhere (to the same or better specification), Nike will move production.
• It has a strong sense of marketing promotion by sponsoring top athletes. It uses linarite foam and flies wire materials in order to make the manufactured shoes lighter and more convenient.
• Offers mostly high priced products or the price range is quite high, normally the retail starts at $100.
• Higher percentage of market share depends upon the foot wear so eroding of the market share could bring down the company’s name.
• The organization does have a diversified range of sports products. However, the income of the business is still heavily dependent upon its share of the footwear market. This may leave it vulnerable if for any reason its market share erodes.
• Still the Revenues of the company are much needy of footwear crop. It is not very easy for the third planet and Asian countries to have enough money for this product, it is measured as the very expensive brand .
• Organization has a diversify multiplicity for sportswear, the production proceeds , however, it is motionless a great transaction conditional winning it’s contribute to the footwear marketplace which undergrowth it at a moderately subject mark for some motivation its marketplace supply to erode.
• It is mostly argued in youth...