1. Unit and Assessment Details
Course Title: HND Business
Unit Name: Sales Planning and Operations
Assessor: Ayesha Ali
Internal Verifier: Bilal Ahmad
Assessment Title: Field Selling, Assessing the role of Sale Manager
Assessment Method: Assignment
Assessing in: Individual
Number of pages: 12 pages
Outcomes Covered: 2(1 & 2).
Issue Date: 26/04/10
Due Date: 17/05/10
|College No. |Learner Name |Learner Signature |
| | | |
|Learner’s Declaration: I ...view middle of the document...
These skills will be observed closely by the respective lecturer.
1. Explain the elements of promotional mix in detail. What is the relationship among different elements in promotion mix more specifically in the field of selling? Select one product from the listed products and explain which element of communication mix will be more appropriate for selling these products (outcome 1.1).
• Products that can be sold through retail outlets, vendors for e.g. bread, beverages, food items (of nominal prices), pen, and ballpoints.
• Shampoo, shoes, perfumes.
• Refrigerator, Generator, Split AC, Cars.
2. Tell us the importance of buying behavior in the field selling. Make your analysis on the buying behavior of your customer. Point out the factors that are affecting his/ her buying decision (outcome 1.2).
3. Explain the different stages in field selling. Discuss the importance of each stage in the selling process? Give your analysis. Take a product and practice all the possible sales stages and close the sale appropriately (outcome 1.3).
4. Discuss the steps of recruitment and selection of sales staff. Study the recruitment process of selected organization from approved list and devise a completely new recruitment procedure for it. Justify your recommendations.
Note: You should provide video evidence for M3. The edited video should not be of more than20min. You should select one product from each category and sell it on one customer. In first category, directly product should be sold on first day. While, in 2nd and 3rd category in first two days student should observe the sales strategy of sales personnel of selected retail outlet and sell on the third day.
|Outcome 1: Explain the role and objectives |1.1: Explain and provide example of the role |P1: Explain the elements of communication mix. |
|of field selling. |and relationship between objectives of | |
| |different elements in communication mix. | |
| | |M1: Discuss IMC. Briefly, discuss importance of |
| | |communication mix elements in the field selling. |
| | |D1: Explain which element of communication mix will|
| | |be more appropriate for selling the commodities |
| | |listed above. Justify your point. |
| |1.2: Illustrate...