Living on another Planet/Report 2
GS1140/Problem Solving Theory
Recap Report 1
The location chosen for living on another planet is the Moon. The Moon is the closet orbiting planet to Earth which would make traveling to the Moon more ideal. The Moon is 238,900 miles from Earth and the climate or weather on the Moon doesn’t exist because the Moon doesn’t have an atmosphere.
The reason for living on the Moon would be to sustain the human race. Earth’s resources are being depleted at an alarming rate that will cause the Earth to be uninhabitable within the next 50-100 years. The Moon would provide us with the necessary resources and space needed to sustain human life.
The ...view middle of the document...
Colonization of the Moon will have impacts on social structure. Since the proposed colonization currently is hypothetical these assumptions can be made:
* Only the wealthy or influential will be able to gain passage in the earlier stages of colonization.
* As time goes on, more commercial means of travel to and from the moon will be possible, enabling a more broad range of travelers (middle to lower class).
* Attractions, sightseeing, shopping, and other expenses would be extremely expensive for a moderate amount of time while the novelty is still there, causing an even larger rift between the income classes.
* Clashes between upper and lower class visitors/citizens are very likely, given the high cost and difference in quality of living accommodations, amenities, and travel arrangements.
Colonization of the Moon will have impacts on the economic structure. Since the proposed colonization currently is hypothetical these assumptions can be made:
* The economy as we know it would change