Linux 2 Final Exam Notes
1. Which runlevel is text based multi-user access?
Answer: runlevel 3
2. Which script file contains the default runlevels?
3. What are the states of SeLinux?
Answer: Enforcing, Disable, and Permissive
4. Which access list type do hosts.allow and hosts.deny belong to?
Answer: TCP Wrappers security system
5. What are the different chains in iptables?
Answer: FORWARD, INPUT, OUTPUT
6. What is a chroot jail?
Answer: The purpose of a chroot jail is to create a directory that a server thinks is the root directory, thereby blocking access by the server to all other areas of the file system.
7. Where does OpenSSH ...view middle of the document...
If you run an application in a chroot jail, what does its directory path look like afterwards?
Question: In what directory does BIND store its database files when it is running in Fedora's chroot jail?
18. You should know the difference between DNS record types A, C name, Mx, Ptr
2 questions on test
Question: what record type maps a host name to an IP address and is used for forward lookups?
Question: What record type maps an alias to a host name?
19. What is the default port for sendmail? (What port does sendmail listen on?)
20. What file allows sendmail to host accounts for multiple domains?
21. What is an example of an MTA?
22. What is the main config file for LDAP?
23. What is the root or top level domain in the LDAP hierarchy called?
24. What is the default port for LDAP that is unencrypted? (What port does LDAP use for unencrypted traffic?)
25. What is a delimiter used for in a data file?
Question: what can be best described as a divider between fields in a data file?
Answer: A Delimiter
26. In regular expressions, which character is used to define the beginning of a line?
27. You should know the difference between awk, sed, and bash. (2 questions about these)
Question: what scripting utility has the same text editing features as vi, but is used in scripts rather than interactively?
Question: What scripting utility works very well with data in columns?
28. How do you start a DAEMON(which utilities), specify the runlevel that a DAEMON should run as……Know how to set a link to a DAEMON
Question: What should the link to start the daemon be named?
Question: Which of the following commands would stop the analyzed daemon?
Answer: service analyzed stop
Question: Which of the following commands would tell the system at which runlevels to start analyzed?
Answer: chkconfig –level 35 analyzed
29. What type of control does SELinux implement?
Answer: Mandatory access control
30. If you need to switch to runlevel 2, what command would you use to switch while the computer is running?
Answer: telinit 2
31. You should be able to read the contents of host.allow and host.deny