1) Free software is software that gives you the user the freedom to share, study and modify it. We call this free software because the user is free. To use free software is to make a political and ethical choice asserting the right to learn, and share what we learn with others. The three main characteristics of free software are: The source code has to be distributed with the program, you cannot restrict people from redistributing/modifying/using the software, and users must be allowed to redistribute modified versions under the same terms/licensing.
2) Question # 4: The Free Software Foundation) is the principal organizational sponsor of the GNU Project. GNU developed ...view middle of the document...
Several types of installations are possible, including fresh installations, upgrades from older releases of Fedora/RHEL, and dual-boot installations.
1) A live system gives you a chance to preview Fedora without installing it. It does not write to hard disks.
2) Question # 4) Put /boot at the beginning of the drive (partition 1) so that there is no issue of Linux having to boot from a partition too far into the drive.
3) Question # 8) When the system enters run level 5
1) When a system is in single-user mode, you can log in only at the console. Not all of the file systems are mounted, and many daemons are not running. With the system in multiuser mode you can log in at any terminal or workstation that is set up for login, most or all of the file systems are mounted, and all of the daemons that your system is set up to run are running.
2) Question # 3) The letters stand for substitute user. You can give yourself privileges of any user whose password you know (or any user when you are running as root). You can also execute a command (other than a shell) as the specified user. To log in as Zach, you would first log in as root, and then give the command su Zach, or su – Zach to establish the same environment that Alex has when he logs in.
3) Question # 7) You may want to use different characters. For example, instead of an “s” you may want to use a dollar sign, instead of an “I” you may to use an exclamation point. You can also try using a combination of letter’s, numbers and characters, so it will be hard for the intruder to guess what your password is.