Learning from Amazon’s culture of metrics
1. By referring to the case study, Amazon’s website for your country and your experience of Amazon offline communicate their core proposition and promotional offers.
Amazon does an excellent job communicating their core propositions for the Unites States through search engine results.
Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel & accessories, shoes, jewelry ...view middle of the document...
Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel & ...view middle of the document...
Per the case Amazon’s marketing communications strategy aims to:
* Increase customer traffic to their website
* Create awareness of their products and services
* Promote repeat purchase
* Develop incremental product and service revenue opportunities
* Strengthen and broaden the Amazon.com brand name
Techniques used to accomplish these strategies would include:
* Word of Mouth
* Paid search marketing
* Interactive ads on portals
* Email campaigns
* Search engine optimization (SEO)
* Partnerships (Associates, Amazon Marketplace and acquisition of selective companies)
* Contra Deals
Amazon uses a focused approach for choosing their marketing communication techniques by using the most cost effective and testing which approach works the best (e.g., A/B test).
3. Explain what distinguishes Amazon in its uses of technology for competitive advantage.
The following distinguishes Amazon in its uses of technology for competitive advantage:
* Developing its technology internally
* Innovation of products (e.g., A9.com)
* Experimentation and testing to find the best approaches
* Transactional processing system
* Scalable infrastructure (i.e., website) to keep up demand...