Lab 10 Networking
1. Describe the following network Models.
A. Peer-to-Peer: Two or more PCs are connected and share resources without being on separate servers.
i. Client/Server: What is a client? A computer, program or process that makes requests for information from another computer.
ii. What is a Server? The computer on which a program runs which then gives certain kinds of service to clients.
2. What is a computer modem and what does it do? The device is short for modulator-demodulator a modem or program that enables a computer to transmit data over for example telephone or cable lines. Computer information is stored digitally whereas information transmitted over telephone lines is transmitted in the form of analog waves
3. What is networking protocol?
A network protocol defines rules and conventions for ...view middle of the document...
5. Record the information for the following.
1. Physical Address: 12-21-00-82-AE-12
2. IPV4 Address: 192.168.1.7<Preferred>
3. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
4. Gateway: 192.168.1.1
5. DHCP Servers: 192.168.1.1
6. DNS Servers: 192.168.1.1
6. Describe and tell purpose of the following.
7. Physical Address: is a binary number in the form of logical high and low states on an address bus that corresponds to a particular cell of primary storage (also called main memory) or to a particular register in a memory-mapped I/O input/output device.
8. 2. IPV4 Address-internet protocol version 4 it is underlying technology that makes it possible for us to connect our devices to the web. Whenever a device access the internet on a PC, mac, smartphone or other device.
9. 3. Subnet Mask-is a binary pattern that is stored in client machine server or router it is matched with the IP address of a packet to determine which network segment the packet is destined for.
10. 4. gateway- is a node router in a computer network a key stopping point for data on its way to or from other networks.
11. 5. DHCP server- Dynamic Host Configuration protocol is a network protocol that enables a server to automatically assign an IP address to a computer from a defined range of numbers ie a scope configured for a given network DHCP assigns an IP address.
12. 6. DNS server-DNS server is a server software program that performs Domain Name Services (DNS). This involves taking a full host name such as 'www.vicomsoft.com' or a domain name such as 'vicomsoft.com' and returning the corresponding Internet Protocol (IP) address such as 22.214.171.124
6. The ping command is used to call through the network to another PC if they are communicating with each other, to share information after power, after giving the ping command and its response is REQUEST TIME OUT means not find communication with another computer.