1. What advice would you offer Pete, the managing director?
I would offer Pete the advice that, since the company is growing they need to expand or move to a bigger location. You have to expand to accommodate the growth of the organization. There is absolutely no reason for payroll to be completed in public view. That brings in issues of non-compliance with employee confidentiality. Pete needs to appoint another manager or supervisor that can take control when he is not around. There needs to be someone available to take employee questions and concerns at all times. This will encourage the morale of the company.
2. What advice would you offer the staff to help them get their opinions heard in the current situation?
I would tell the staff to keep going to Pete. If they can’t get him to ...view middle of the document...
Consistency is important, because it gives you the ability to measure performance. I don’t think I can go against continuity and consistency in an organization. Kamak didn’t have any consistency in the systems of their organization and that caused them to get behind the competition. Consistency allows you to get ahead of the competition.
4. What do you think should be the basic professional standards for organizational communication?
I think the basic professional standards should be actually having communication. Kamak didn’t seem to have any type of communication. Information wasn’t reaching people in the field, employees couldn’t reach the director. When there is open communication with all employees from top to bottom that helps the morale of the organization. When there is good morale, people tend to do their job and they like their job.
Kamak Communication Policy
1. Open communications—Director/manager/staff are required to communicate. Open communications provide a way for any employee’s opinion/concern to be heard.
2. Internal communications—Director/manager/staff will be committed to providing information in a timely manner and will monitor meetings, training, email and any other type of internal communications. Communication is a two way process.
3. External communications—Director/manager/staff will maintain and monitor external communications, such as website, media, events and presentations. Employees will present a positive image at all times.
4. Confidentiality—Information concerning customers and staff should and will be treated as confidential at all times.
5. Open Door Policy—Director/manager/staff are committed to an open door policy for all employees. All levels of management and staff can contact each other without any concern that there will be repercussion for doing so.