Phase 1 – short term –
Rollout a feedback system – need to find one based on literature
* Start in one area, such as the line where Jeilang works
* Literature – what is the right approach? Anonymous suggestions? Or open conversations where they know they will not lose their job for making a suggestion?
* Budget required?
* Measurement – record quantity of suggestions, compare to previous
* Wording – based on system in India
Change language on signage
* May need to do away with signs all together in the future, but should be relatively simple and cheap fix for short term - any idea how many signs??
Start offering English lessons to employees
* Ask ...view middle of the document...
e. movie theatre, restaurants?
Implementation Bullet points
* Expectations will be communicated to the employees from the start
* Re-examine the expectation once or twice in a month
* Give and take relevant feedback address strength, weaknesses and provide opportunity for two way communication(top down and bottom up)
* Introduction of the employees to the management and the game changers, at the orientation
* Asking for anonymous feedback from the employees just like the 360-feedback system in a focus group(mentioned at the end)
* We will employ kurt Levin’s 3-step method for short and long term change in communication(unfreeze-create-refreeze)
* Investment in an instant messenger or handheld device will improve the disconnect that can be observed in the managers and direct labour. As we know employees help employees more than the managers there we want to exploit that in a way that it actually increases the productivity.
Modification in Training:-
* Brainstorming sessions, Ice-breakers, field trip and tour, Training-aids(videos etc. because people learn better by observing, hearing, feeling and practicing)
* Use appropriate methodologies to keep participants involved and learning
* Behavioral modelling
* Offering meaningful training content
* Allowing trainees to learn through observation and experience
Diminishing Language barrier with training:-
* There is going to be a stress on English learning from the start because of the desire to learn and be successful by majority of the employees.
* Improving English by providing course material at work place such video material, business simulation game, self-access material.
Motivations with rewards:-
* Organizational rewards for effective employee commitment(this is in regards with Chinese work culture)
* Extrinsic rewards: satisfaction with extrinsic benefits(Incudes base pay, bonus pay, medical coverage and social security provision)
* Social reward(Satisfaction with supervision, co-worker support)
* Intrinsic Reward: Role clarity and training provision.
Cross-training rather than Job rotation:-
* Implementing cross training to reduce boredom, increase production, increase innovation and reduce work stress.
Rather than a feedback...