* Rising Entertainment is a marketing firm, specializing in film and media marketing.
* Josh Lewis is a low level marketing associate.
* Sarah Bennett is Josh Lewis’ superior and acts as the manager.
* Sam Smithstone is the CEO of Rising Entertainment.
* Josh is unsatisfied with Sarah Bennett management style. He feels underutilized.
* Josh dreams of creating documentaries that offered strong social commentary.
* Sarah Bennett is in charge of putting together a successful showcase for Fire Force Five.
* Sarah is running on a tight budget after a failed campaign in the past.
* Sarah Bennett overlooked Josh’s idea for bringing the ...view middle of the document...
By connecting with the CEO and letting her presence be known will definitely be a good thing. By doing so, Sarah won't be so hesitant to talk to Josh and give him constructive criticism so that she’s not always on edge about what he is doing.
Solution 1: Company should enforce strict time management rules upon the new employees. Employees, who fail to submit their assignments in a timely manner will have strict actions taken against them or even, get fired.Pro: Employees, such as Josh, who have a tendency to do their work at the last minute, will do their work in time.Con: It may seem like the new employees are treated like they are still in high school. This might also lead to negativity between bosses and subordinates. | Solution 2: The company could offer a time management class during the first week of work to the new employees. Pro: This will help the new employees understand the importance of managing their time at Rising Entertainment.Con: Employees might still choose to submit assignments and work as they please. | Solution 3: Bosses, such as Sarah Bennett, should not give important work to employees, who fail to manage their time well, for example Josh.Pro: By doing this, Josh will feel that he’s threatened and will work harder to prove his ability to his bosses.Con: There wouldn’t be a point to keep such employees at work, but rather have them fired because they won’t do anyway. |
Time management is a crucial issue that the employees suffer with at Rising Entertainment. In order to solve this problem; solution 2 would work the best. By offering the time management class, the new employees will understand that the company stresses time management as a vital component in their employee’s lifestyle.
Furthermore, by going through with this class, the new employees will learn easy ways to manage their time. For example, in the case study, “Gen Y in the Workforce,” Josh has trouble handing his assignments on time. Josh’s bad time management leads to trouble for his boss, Sarah. By taking this time management class, Josh will learn how to manage his work and his social life.
However, an issue with this solution could be that the new employees might still choose to do work as they please during their time. If this is to happen, they will have strict actions taken against them. It’s company’s duty to...