Adolf Dassler founded Adidas on 18 August 1949. Following a family feud at the Gebruder Dassler Schuhfabrik Company between him and his elder brother Rudolf. In 1949, Adolf named his new company Adidas (originally it was lowercase like that) after his nickname Adi and his last name Dassler. So Adi Dassler became Adidas. Rudolf did the same thing with his company name, calling his new company Ruda (Rudolf Dassler), though, later on he changed the name of the company to Puma, which became the rival of Adidas.
Adidas is a multinational company that designs and manufactures sports shoes, clothing and accessories. The company is based in Herzogenaurch, Bavaria, ...view middle of the document...
In this way, the company hopes to position itself as a brand, which is preferred by Chinese Market(Adidas, n.d)
1.1 Mission statement
The Adidas Group strives to be the global leader in the sporting goods industry with brands built on a passion for sports and a sporting lifestyle. We are committed to continuously strengthening our brands and products to improve our competitive position (Adidas, n.d).
1.2 Core values
Sport is the foundation for all we do and executional excellence is a core value of our Group.
Passion is at the heart of our company. We are continuously moving forward, innovating, and improving.
We are honest, open, ethical, and fair. People trust us to adhere to our word.
We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed. We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion (Adidas, n.d).
1.3 Vision statement
To enhance social and environmental performance in the company and the supply chain, thereby improving the lives of the people making our products (Adidas, n.d`).
“Adidas Logo represents elegance, durability and without even a doubt it also represents a mark of the leading sports gear in the world.”
Adi Dassler, founder of Adidas, created the 3-striped Adidas logo. Adidas Logo was first used in 1967. Beginning with the production of training and sports foot wear, Adidas later expanded its production operations in leisure and apparel sector with the logo of Adidas, which appeared on every product.
”The shape of 3 stripes on the Adidas Logo represents mountain, pointing out towards the challenges that are seen ahead and goals that can be achieved”
Adidas Logo and History - Transformations
* 1967 – Adolf Dassler used the 3 striped Adidas logo on Adidas sports shoes.
* 1971 – This year marked the birth of Adidas Trefoil Logo. The Trefoil Adidas logo showed the diversity in Adidas brand. It was first used in 1972, and later became a corporate symbol.
* 1997 – The three-striped Adidas Logo was re-introduced after being reengineered by Peter Moore, who was the creative director of Adidas at that time.
* 1998 – Adidas merged with Salomon and introduced a new corporate logo that represented brand values of both the groups. It maintained the blue color of Adidas and inherited Red color from Salomon. The logo incorporated 3 shapes to look like a diamond. The two arcs that extended upwards represented the arms of the winner, raised after victory.
* 2005 – The new Adidas “Word Mark” logo has been introduced. The new Logo is clear, simple, and confident and shows leadership (
2. Research Method
Shoe which was considered as a means to cover foot 5000 years back soon got transformed as a status symbol...