Unit 1 research assignment 1
1) Pascal, Creator, Niklaus Wirth. The specific motivation behind this language was to encourage good programming practice using structured programming and data structuring.
2) SQL (Structured Query Language) designed by, Donald D. Chamberlin, and Raymond F. Boyce. The motivation behind this language was designed for managing data held in a relational database management system. ( RDBMS)
3) C, Designed by Dennis Ritchie. the motivation behind this language is structured programming and allows lexical variable scope and recursion.
4) Applesoft BASIC, developed by Marc McDonald, and Ric Weiland. The motivation with this language was it ...view middle of the document...
Designed to build on the communicating sequential processes (CSP) process algebra, and shares many of its features.
1) HTML (HyperText Markup Language), developed by, W3C, and WHATWG. This is the main markup language for creating web pages and other information that can be displayed in a web browser.
2) Visual Basic, developer, Microsoft. Visual Basic is a third generation event-driven programming language and integrated development environment from Microsoft for its COM programming model. Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and enables the rapid application development of graphical user interface applications, access to databases using data access objects, Remote data objects, or activeX data objects and creation of ActiveX controls and objects.
3) Active Server Pages (ASP), developed by Microsoft. Initially released as an add-on to internet information services via Windows NT 4.0 option pack.
4) Ruby, Designed by Yukihiro Matsumoto. Ruby supports multiple programming paradigms, including functional, object-oriented, and imperative. It also has a dynamic type system and automatic memory management.
5) Java, Designed by, James Gosling, and Sun Microsystems. Designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. It is intended to let application developers write once,...