SOC 324 Mock Interview Essay Rubric Your Name: Romesh Gajanayake
1. Read through all documents on interviewing inside “Required Readings”, plus the “30-Second Biography” in “Info Interviewing,” before you complete this essay!
2. Save this rubric to your computer. Do not delete or alter any portion of the rubric in the process of responding to the questions. If you delete or otherwise alter the rubric in any way other than adding your responses to the questions, your score for this essay will be zero.
3. Type your answer to each question directly below the question, itself.
4. Save your completed essay again; then submit it via Safe Assignments.
4. Tell me what qualities you inject into your voice, in answering the interviewers’ questions
I will speak with zero grammatical errors and since I’m a foreigner ill make sure my accent is clear and understandable. I will make sure there is confidence and enthusiasm in my voice, it is also important to remember to not sound monotonous.
5. Tell me what qualities you avoid injecting into your voice while answering the interviewers’ questions.
Apart of from not sounding monotonous, I would also want to make sure I wouldn’t use any slang or unprofessional vocabulary in my speech i.e. I would not use the kind of speech I would use when having a conversation with my colleagues or relatives. I would also try not keep changing the tone of voice too much.
Behavioral Interview Questions:
1. Tell me about yourself.
Even before starting college I had a clear vision of what I want my career path to be, which is hospitality and tourism. This was the main reason behind the selection of my major “Business Tourism” at the W.P Carey school of Business. I consider myself a citizen of the world; being an International student with vast travel experience I believe I have a good exposure to a global culture. Furthermore I am a part of several international organizations such as the international student association at ASU.
2. Tell me what you know about our organization and why you want to be a part of it.
The first reason why I chose your organization is because it directly matches my field of studies and I believe it will be a good opportunity to finally use all the theoretical knowledge I gained here at W.P Carey. The reason why I chose your organization in specifically from the other industry leaders is because your organization is a part of the Fortune 50. According to your company profile your current CEO started out of from the bottom of the hierarchy and this really motivated me because it showed that your organization does give opportunity for advancement if you work hard enough.
3. Tell me about a time you worked with a team and how you interacted with the team.
During my summer internship in 2012 I worked with a team of 5 interns. Every week when we were given a project to work on, I made it a habit to pool all the team members’ ideas and discuss among each other to decide which solution to go ahead with. I believe this constant sharing of ideas made sure team interaction was always present. I’m a strong believer in Teamwork especially because of my involvement in sports.
4. Tell me about a time you were under a lot of pressure and felt a lot of stress, and how you handled it.
This fall when I attended college I missed the first two weeks of school due to the passing away of my uncle. When I arrived at ASU, my supply chain management class already had a paper due in two days that was 20% of our final grade. Personally I believe pressure and stress is all in your head, it’s all about you handled the situation. I would...