Goa Marriott Resort and Spa is located on Miramar Beach facing the Arabian Sea and close to the capital city of Panjim, business and industrial belt and Old Goa with its history and cultural heritage. It is designed to meet the demands of both the business and leisure traveler.
The hotel is headed by a General Manager. His name is Mr. Pavithran Nambiar. Under the General Manager, there are only seven departments of Human Resources, Finance, Food and Beverage, Rooms, Sales and Marketing, Engineering and Loss Prevention I got to do my training only in the Bell Desk (a section of the Front Office) and in the Restaurant (a section in the Food and Beverage Department).
Tourist have been traveling here and enjoying its many delight since the time of the British Raj.
An esoteric mix of a colonial Portuguese connection, original traditional craft, incredible natural beauty, carefully preserved heritage museums as well as multicultural architecture make Goa a sumptuous experience to be savored and remembered for life.
Marriott India was established in 1998 and opened its first hotel, the Goa Marriott Resort (now the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa) on 15th Dec 1999.
The Goa Marriott Resort and Spa is located on Miramar Beach of the Arabian Sea is close to the capital city of Panjim. Its strategic location also offers proximity with business and industrial belt and places of historical interest. It is designed to meet the demands of both the business and leisure travelers.
It is spread over three floors, with 180 rooms including 7 suites. It has state of the art conferencing facilities and fully equipped business center to meet the needs of the business traveler.
The Marriott offers services such, daily housekeeping service, kids playing room, laundry on site service, limousine service, 24 hrs room service and safe deposit boxes. Hotel Marriott also has six eating joints to suit the taste buds of all visitors which are The Cake Shop, AZUR, Simply Grills, Wan Hao, Pool Bar and Waterfront Terrace and Bar.
My aim is to study the departments of Front Office and Food and Beverage alongside with their functions.
* Gaining experience and doing my training in the Front Office and Food and Beverage Department
* Communicating with the Staff Members of the Departments of Front Office and Food and Beverage
I collected my information in the form of Primary and Secondary Data.
* I gained first hand information from interaction with the employees of the Hotel.
* There was some information which I had gained through observation.
* Was provided with some information by some of the staff members of the hotel in the form of word documents on the computer.
OBSERVATION AND FINDINGS
* The working environment is very relaxed. The surrounding environment is always kept spick and span. There is good flow of communication between the staff members. The associates of the Marriott are very helpful, understanding as well as very polite.
* Before any shift starts, they have a meeting which is also known as a briefing of the daily packet which is a hotel document which includes a genuine care number, V.I.P. arrivals of the day, the occupancy percent, the lobby ambassador and manger on duty for the day. It also contains the percentage goals of...