Running head: Job Analysis and Methods
Job Analysis and Methods
University of Phoenix
Job Analysis and Methodology
This paper will focus on analysis of information within the hiring process of Interclean describing job analysis methodology, the required duties the written job specifications, workforce planning system and an analysis of the best employees for this particular position.
Job analysis and methods
The analysis methods that will be used to conduct research for the new salesperson positions in InterClean are observation, job performance, interviews, and structured questionnaires. Observation will be conducted by simply observing each worker without interference ...view middle of the document...
• Computer skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel, as well as basic knowledge of internet and email functions.
• Literal and Numerical Skills: Be able to understand profit and loss computations and basic business finance, including gross margin, overhead, and cash flow.
• Business and Selling Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively face-to-face and on the telephone. Able to manage key accounts, large customers, and sizable contracts.
• Management Ability: Although, management is not an initial part of the job, demonstrating the skills and capability to become a manager will be useful.
• Personality: Ambitious, positive outlook on end results and a clear focus on extraordinary quality and company profit. The ability to plan ahead and critically evaluate own performance. Dependable, open-minded, and determined. Seeing things from another person's point of view. Well portrayed and professional when dealing with senior executives of the company. Able to be an effective team-player at all times.
Workforce Planning System
In order to create a workforce planning system on sales development of the team, the following must be considered: talent inventory of employees, a workforce forecast, and an action plan.
The hard and soft skills of the employees include aggressiveness to close the deals, maintaining long-term customer relationships, experience and knowledge in the industrial cleaning and sanitation industry, the ability to solve customer problems, capability to meet sales quotas annually, providing excellent customer service after sales are completed, being able to stay up-to-date with the developments of the industry, and the ability to communicate, educate, and use critical thinking skills to solve problems.
The number of employees needed for the team is approximately five. After the merger between InterClean and EnviroTech, only five employees are needed for the team to be successful in carrying out the company's new strategies.
Employees will be selected based on the skills needed to perform the job. Careful evaluation of the experience and knowledge embodied by all employees will be conducted. The employees will be selected following the same guidelines and analyzing what is needed for the positions.
The employees listed below all embody the skills and talent needed to perform the job based on the job analysis outlined above. Hence, by looking at the talent inventory above, the employees selected are a perfect match. The employee profiles below show clearly the specific knowledge and experience needed to accomplish the organizations new goals.
Tom Gonzalez, Sales Manager
Tom is a 47 year-old Hispanic male who has been with EnviroTech for 5 years. He was recruited by Sally Lindley, CEO of EnviroTech, because of his ability to lead a team and for his expertise in developing...