-> Facts or knowledge provided or learned.
-> A very important thing in Organizations, Education, Society, ans Business. And because information is important, we must be Relevant, Complete, Accurate, Current in giving information. In business, information must be obtained economically.
* Relevant -> connected or approciate to current matter.
*Complete -> having all necessary parts, finished and to the greatest degree.
*Accurate -> No error.
*Current -> latest, in general use or being used know.
*Economically -> giving good values in any relation to resources used or money spent. Careful in the use of resources.
• Store and retrieve data and information extremely rapidly.
• Perform complex logical and arithmetical functions accurately.
• Execute long, tedious operations.
• Perform routine tasks less expensively than humans
• Are adaptable (can be programmed and reprogrammed).
Information in System in Business:
* Accounting -> it helps record business transactions.
* Finance -> it helps organize budgets, manage cash flow, and make decisions that could reduce interact payments and increase revenues from financial transactions.
* Marketing -> it helps analyze demand for various product in different regions.
* Human Resources -> help in keeping record and employee evaluation.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN DIFFERENT BUSINESS SECTORS:
* Manufacturing -> are used throughout a manufacturing operation from inventory control to paying suppliers.
* Service -> play such a central role in the service sector that they are often the backbone of service organization.
* Retail - > Because ISs enable a large retail chain to run as a single big store, retail chains gained significant economies of scales using ISs; that is, they could cut costs thanks to their overall size.
* New Business -> IS's impact on business goes beyond mere automation. Many firms implemented ISs to provide new products and services that are economical only with the development of information technology.
- The most exciting...