In the extemporaneous method of speaking, an outline is created to make sure all material is clearly developed and well-organized. For practicing and delivering the speech, the speaker does not use the outline, but instead uses brief notes that are based on the outline.
|General Purpose: |To inform |
| | |
|Specific Purpose: | ...view middle of the document...
2. The boy and girl are encouraged to get acquainted.
3. If they choose to get married, they become formally engaged.
4. Announcements are sent out.
(Transition: Now let’s look at the preparations for the wedding.)
A. The families must decide on a dowry, which is a gift exchanged between the two families.
B. Shopping includes clothes and jewelry, especially traditional gold jewelry.
1. Here is the jewelry I wore. (Show transparency.)
a. I am wearing jewelry on my forehead, nose, ears, and neck.
b. These are symbols of marriage that are worn by all Indian brides on wedding day.
2. Clothes are red, pink, and gold.
a. Red is preferred because it is an auspicious color.
b. The only forbidden color is white.
c. This is a cultural difference in comparison to American customs.
C. The usual preparations are made.
1. The venue is decided.
2. The photographer is hired.
3. Decorations are planned.
4. Invitations are mailed.
A. Here is a photo of the golden temple. (Show transparency.)
1. Since it is in India, not everyone can get married in it.