1. Can i update to IOS 6? YES you can. It does not affect anything. Please make sure your phone is the most updated verision when restoring
2. Will my phone relock ever? No, this is a permanent process.
3. Can you unlock the IPHONE 5 yet? YES WE CAN.
4. Do you unlock any other providers besides AT&T USA, Telus Canada? No we just unlock these for Retail only.
5. Does Itunes Version matter? Make sure your ITUNES is updated to the MOST current version.
6. How can I tell my iphone is unlocked for sure? Best way is by putting in a GSM (NON supported sim) and seeing if you can dial out. Usually after restore process it will alert you that the phone is unlocked as well too. ITUNES will not ...view middle of the document...
Please make sure you DONT confuse UNLOCKING with Activating it. They are two different things.
I received the message "activated" or "unlocked" but when I plug it into iTunes, nothing happens.
- Try connecting to iTunes, perform a back up then restore.
Phone is Jailbroken and will not allow me to do a restore
- You must put your iPhone into whats call "DFU mode".
- Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your PC/Mac.
- Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
- After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Now you can do a restore on your iPhone.
* Note: It may take a few attempts to get your iPhone into DFU mode. Generally, I hold down both buttons then release the Home button just before I think the Apple logo would appear. If you are still holding both buttons down and you see the Apple logo you are holding them down for too long!
How To Unlock IPHONE METHOD 2
1) Get an INVALID SIM card from any carriers such as (T-Mobile, Simple Mobile, etc.) and insert it into your iPhone (3G,3GS,4,4S). (*Note: iPhone 4 and 4S must be a 128k MicroSim Card to be recognize in the iPhone)
2) Plug your iPhone along with the INVALID SIM card into your computer. (*Note: Your iTunes must be updated to the lastest version)
3) Wait a few seconds for your iPhone to be recognized in iTunes and iTunes will attempt to activate your iPhone.
4) A message will pop up in the iTunes screen as “Invalid SIM card No Sim supported”, or a blank screen.
5) Now, simply unplug your iPhone and insert ONLY an official AT&T Sim card into your phone.
6) Plug your iPhone along with the official AT&T Sim card into the computer again and iTunes will attempt to activate your iPhone through the Apple Server.
7) Once this stage has completed, you should see a screen that displays “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked!”
8) From here you have completed the factory iPhone unlock activation and you are ready to insert your other carrier’s Sim Card (T-Mobile, Simple Mobile, Etc.).
9) Signal should show and your iPhone has been unlocked and ready to use!
In certain circumstances the above instructions does not work to activate your unlock ticket, follow the next instructions to activate your unlock ticket using the restore method:
1) Make sure your iPhone’s Sim Card tray is empty. (If you have an INVALID SIM Card inserted in your iPhone, you won’t be able to access iTunes to restore.)
2) Plug your iPhone into your computer and wait until your iPhone is fully recognized in your iTunes. (*Note: Please make sure your iTunes is updated to the latest version).
3) Click the “Restore” button and proceed with the backup and terms and agreement acceptance.
4) Once the restore process has started, insert your...