HUMAN SEXUALITY AND SEX
Human sexuality is the expression of sexual sensation and related intimacy between human beings. Psychologically, sexuality is the means to express the fullness of love between a man and a woman. Biologically, it is the means through which a child is conceived and the lineage is passed on to the next generation. And it involves the body, mind, and spirit.
There are a great many forms of human sexuality, comprising a broad range of behaviors, and sexual expression varies across cultures and historical periods. Yet the basic principles of human sexuality are universal and integral to what it means to be human. Sex is related to the very purpose of ...view middle of the document...
Sex involves the partners in their totality, touching their minds and hearts as well as their bodies. Therefore, sexual relations have lasting impact on the psyche. Sexuality is a powerful force that can do tremendous good or terrible harm; therefore it carries with it moral responsibility.
* HEART DISEASE: Lovemaking is good aerobic exercise that improves the circulation and works the heart. Sexually active people tend to have fewer heart attacks, possibly owing to their better fitness.
* WEIGHT: Intercourse can burn around 200 calories, not bad for a few minutes’ work and far more entertaining than a 15-minute chum on a treadmill at the gym.
* PAIN: Endorphins released during orgasm can dull the chronic pain of backaches (back pain) and arthritis as well as migraines.
* DEPRESSION: Sexually active people appear to be less vulnerable to depression and suicide, perhaps because they are more comfortable with their sexuality.
* ANXIETY: Hormones released during arousal can calm anxiety, ease fear and break down inhibitions.
* IMMUNITY: Frequent intercourse may boost levels of key immune cells that help fight off colds and other infections.
* CANCER: Early studies hint that oxytocin and the hormone DHEA, both released during orgasm, may prevent breast-cancer cells from developing into tumors.
* LONGEVITY: Frequent orgasm has been linked to longer life; this finding may have something to do with sex’s beneficial effects on the heart and immune system.
* UNWANTED PREGNANCY:
We, humans are all sexual. It is sexuality how can we express ourselves as sexual beings and also it is an integral part of who we are, what we believe, what we feel, and how we respond to others, because it includes….
We seek sex because of many reasons. First,...