BSHS 305 Final Exam
Instructions: Indicate your answer to each question below by highlighting your choice. Each correct answer is worth .5 points. Please note that there is NO LATE PERIOD for the final. Your exam must be uploaded no later than 11:59 p.m. on the last day of class.
1. Which one of the following skills best helps the human service professional understand the client’s environment?
b. report writing
c. problem solving
2. Ethical codes adopted by a profession are usually based on the premise that
a. the solution to every problem can be found in the ethical code.
b. professions can police themselves.
c. professionals can’t be ...view middle of the document...
intended to address areas such as employment, goods and services, and participation in the political process
7. Clients seeking human services can benefit from technology
a. without worrying about confidentiality issues.
b. without knowing much about computers themselves.
c. without physically meeting with a professional.
d. without worrying about the quality of services.
8. According to the text, factors that influence how a client defines and resolves a problem include all of the following except
a. the qualifications of the helper
b. the client’s developmental needs
c. the client’s cultural values
d. how the client perceives the situation
9. Supporting activities such as films, speakers, school programs, and pamphlets educate the population, a goal of the
a. human service model.
b. public health model.
c. medical model.
d. all three models.
10. The whole person refers to one of the following:
a. the person and his or her environment
b. the person and all the medical personnel involved
c. the person and relationships with all the family
d. the person and the problems that he or she faces
11. Empathy is best described as
a. crying when someone else is hurt
b. feeling sorry for others
c. acceptance of others and seeing their situation from their perspective
d. being able to read another person’s mind
12. Self-determination is a critical value because
a. the worker has the expertise to make excellent choices.
b. the client needs to assume responsibility.
c. the worker needs to take more responsibility.
d. the client is resistant to help.
13. Which of the following is the process that assists helpers with understanding their own attitudes and feelings?
b. clinical judgment