IIBM Institute of Business Management
Human Resource Management
Section A: Objective Type & Short Questions
1. It is a cultural attitude marked by the tendency to regard one’s own culture as superior to others
2. It is the systemic study of job requirements & those factors that influence the performance of those job requirements
a. Job analysis
b. Job rotation
c. Job circulation
d. Job description
3. This Act provides an assistance for minimum statutory wages for scheduled employment
a. Payment of Wages ...view middle of the document...
10. A learning exercise representing a real-life situation where trainees compete with each other to achieve specific objectives
a. Executive development
b. Management game
c. Programmed learning
1. What is the importance of Career Planning in industry?
Carries planning helps the company and the industry to grow on the whole in a very controlled and stabilized manner. The following point can be addressed to understand the importance and effects of Carrier Planning in and for the industry.
Attract and retain talent by offering carriers and not jobs.
Use human resource effectively and achieve greater opportunities.
Reduce employee turnover.
Improve employee morale and motivation.
Meet the immediate and future human resource needs of the organization on a timely basis.
The major focus of the carrier planning is on helping the employee address the optimum blend of personal goals and opportunities that are served in the organization. Carrier planning is a flow of events that develop the human resource available and achieve their desired results.
2. List the various features of HRM.
The following can be categorized as the feature of HRM
i) Pervasive force.
ii) Action oriented.
iii) Individually oriented.
iv) People oriented
v) Future oriented
vi) Development oriented
vii) Integration mechanism
viii) Compressive function
ix) Auxiliary service
x) Inter-disciplinary function
xi) Continuous function.
3. How can you explain the concept of Performance Appraisal?
Performance appraisal is a method of evaluating the behavior of employees in the workspot,normally including both the quantitative and qualitative aspects of job performance. Performance appraisal could be taken either for evaluating the performance of the employees or for developing them. The evaluation is of two types: telling the employees where they stand and using the data for personnel decisions concerning pay, promotions, etc. The development objectives focus on finding individual and organizational strengths and weaknesses and offering appropriate counseling/coaching to the employee to develop their potential in future.
4. Differentiate between on- the- job and off- the- job training.
No. On-the-job Training Off-the-job Training
1. On-the-job training is provided when the workers are taught relevant knowledge, skills and abilities at the actual work place. Off-the-job training is the kind of training that where requirement is is that the trainee learns at a location other than the real work place.
2. On-the –job training is more focused on the nature of the job and helps in improvement of performance. Off-the-job training is more focused on the overall behavioral aspect of the job and the employee.
3. The training includes coaching, mentoring, job rotation, apprenticeship training, committee assignments etc. The training includes lectures,...