METHOD OF GATHERING DATA
Find out system requirements and define project scope or boundary of project is important to anticipate the time of completion. By a clearly defined scope, specified time will be assigning to develop each module in the application. From here can conclude that, virtual tour on hotel room needing more time in completion. By well-organized task and duration, the application will develop on time.
Waterfall paradigm is important to note a large successful of projects development. Without the structure and organization provided a waterfall paradigm method, development projects would be at severe risk of missing deadlines, escalating budgets and ...view middle of the document...
In requirements gathering, the fact-finding techniques will help to identify the requirements. The fact-finding techniques are:
* Interviewing users realizing that people is also one of the most important element in the system project. The interview process explains about the project and objectives.
* Carry out observation only for online function by browse through hotel official website. From here can find out what is in the website and how the website works. Through observation the website lacks of hotel room preview function. Besides gathering user requirement, the requirements for software and hardware are also identified. Software is chosen carefully so that they are suitable for development of online reservation system. Hardware requirements are fixed accordingly to suit the platform and support software in developing the system
Once it is known what is required from the system, the design process determines how best to construct a system that delivers these requirements. In this stage the database,Input user interface and output need to be designed, as these elements are important for developing a system. The following explains the need to take serious consideration in designing these elements.
* Database design: the designed is used in OHS is open source database that is called MYSQL/Database structure. Database architecture is built around a database management system (DBMS) that provides a data definition language to create and maintain the database structure and rules; and a data manipulation language that is the SQL is used to create, read use ,update and delete record in the database.
* Output design: the output available in this project is a room virtual tour and notification. Notifies can be in the form of showing booking status.desccription labels, highlights and format are carefully designed to ease user visibility and readability.
* User interface design: user interface design is mainly concerned with the dialogue system or logging in the system to the eventual presentation of desired outputs and inputs. Interface is designed in a way that user will need minimal or no training at all in using the system.
The completed design is now translated into the programming code. in this project, the same programming language is utilizing for online hotel reservation. One database management system is used to connect both online hotel reservation.
The system is tested to ensure that it satisfies the usre requirement accurately and completely. Typically, two levels of testing are performed. First the unit testing is where each unit or module is tested independently to ensure each of the function correctly.Some of modules include hotel reservation , content management, hotel room virtual tour , housekeeping and etc. second the system testing is where modules, which comprised the system interface and database is integrated to gether in a correct, stable...