Hospitality and Restaurant Management As an In-Demand Course: |
A Survey Study |
Peter Jay Obillo |
Background of the Study
In the annual rate of enrollees at Panpacific University North Philippines, The College of Hotel and Restaurant Management takes the place of one of the courses that has a high percentage of enrollments every year in the other courses offered. This result shows that many students are giving interest of taking up Hotel and Restaurant Management course. Hospitality Management is one of the courses that is in-demand in the Philippines and all around the world. The program has a very broad scope of subject and ...view middle of the document...
A bright future awaits for the Hotel and Restaurant Management graduates. It is important to be practical in choosing our soon to be career paths that we believe to improve our knowledge and achieve our life goals.
The study will determine the underlying reasons why most students of Pan Pacific North University Philippines are taking up Hotel and Restaurant Management. The research problem deals with the factors that affect the freshman students in the College of Hotel and Restaurant Management why they are taking up Hotel and Restaurant Management at Panpacific University North Philippines, Tayug campus.
Significance of the Study
Many incoming students face these factors that might affect in choosing Hotel and Restaurant Management course from other courses available. This study allows the researchers to identify the factors that affect the students in taking up Hotel and Restaurant Management course in Panpacific University North Philippines, Tayug campus. This study aims more incoming freshman students to encourage taking up this course in college. Indicators are provided to measure which of the following factors has a great impact that influences the student why they choose taking up Hotel and Restaurant Management course. This research also contains facts which can be useful to the future researchers.
Scope and Delimitations
The scope of the research was mainly focused on determining the factors and reasons affecting the students in choosing Hotel and Restaurant Management course. This study covers only Hotel and Restaurant Management students of Panpacific University North Philippines, Tayug Campus. Any other case or issues that had not been discussed in this research is already not the scope of the study.
Definition of Terms
* Bartender- is a person who serves usually alcoholic beverages behind the bar in a licensed establishment.
* Front Office- is a business term that refers to a company's departments that come in contact with clients, including the marketing, sales, and service departments.
* Greener Pastures- a better life; a more promising situation.
* Housekeeping- refers to the management of duties and chores involved in the running of a household. It is also used to refer to the money allocated for such use. By extension, an office or organization, as well as the maintenance of computer storage systems.
* Hospitality Industry- is a broad category of fields within the service industry that includes lodging, restaurants, event planning, theme parks, transportation, cruise line, and additional fields within the tourism industry.
* Hotel- is an establishment that provides lodging paid on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities.
* Management- the organization and coordination of the activities of an...