ENTERING PATIENT INFORMATION
A. How patient information is Organized in Medisoft
1. Patient information is accessed through the patient list dialog box
B. Entering New Patient Information
1. New Patient
2. Name/address Tab
C. Chart Number
1. No special characters
2. No two chart numbers can be the same
3. He first five characters of patient last name
4. Two characters are usually first two letters of patients first name
5. The last character is always a zero displayed in this book with the symbol”O”.
D. Other Information tab
a. Is used for billing purposes to ...view middle of the document...
9. Signature Date
a. The date keyed in the Signature Date box is the date the patient signed the insurance release form.
10. Emergency Contact
a. Information about how to contact a person in case of a emergency is entered in these field.
a. The code for the patient employer is selected from the drip-down list of employers in the database.
a. This displays the following choices for the patient’s employment status.
13. Work Phone and Extensions
a. Work phone numbers should be entered without parentheses or hyphens.
a. Some companies have multiple locations. If the patient supplies information on the specific company location, it is entered in this box.
15. Retirement Date
a. The Retirement Date box is filled in only if the patient is already retired.
E. Payment Plan Tab
1. This is used when a patient’s account is overdue and a payment plan has been created to pay down the remaining balance.
F. Adding An Employer To The Address List
1. If the patient‘s employer...