Health and Safety Checklist
• Program Smoke Free Didn’t see anyone smoking in the center. So that was a Plus.
• All Entrances/Exits Kept Clear I noticed also that all entrances and exits were kept clear with the exception of not a lot of going in and out room for people
• Staff Purses & Personal Items Are Locked Away Out Of Reach I see that one of the classroom teachers kept her purse in the closet in her classroom
• Hands Are Washed By Staff & Children Upon Arrival Of Classroom Didn’t really staff wash their hands but I noticed the kids washed their hands after snack and after they used the bathroom.
• ...view middle of the document...
) They did have all hygience products available for children and in good reach/very accessible
• Area Is Generally Clean/ Clutter-Free (garbage emptied, floor swept, bathroom clean etc.) The area was generally clean. She had the children pick up after themselves which was a good idea.
• All Chemicals Are Locked/ Out of Children’s Reach All chemicals were locked away in the kitchen under the sink.
• All Electrical Outlets Are Covered All the electrical outlets were covered with the plastic covers that you put in there. Also, they had the plugs were you have to slide them over in order to put something in the socket.
• Furniture & Equipment Is In Good Repair (check for broken toys) I did see the teacher remove a broken chair from the play area which was good and safe for the kids.
• Window Cords Are Adjusted To Prevent Strangulation I did notice that she did not have any blinds so you didn’t have to worry about window cords. They were just top curtains.
• Tables/Chairs Not Stacked While Children Are Present There were no tables or chairs stacked at the time because all children were currently sitting in them.
• Playground & Equipment Checked For Hazards I did notice plastic play equipment outside but its wet and damp due to the rain so the kids played inside
• Diapering Supplies Are Gathered & Within Reach Before Beginning The diapering supplies was in reach on the area where the changing table table and shelf space for diapering supplies is located
• First Aid Kit Available I did not notice a first aid kit off hand. I was able to ask were was one located at the time but Im sure she had one; it wasn’t visible though.
• Children’s Personal/ Nap Items Are Kept Separated (use of cubbies, bag, or storage containers) I noticed that the children had their own individual mats that they slept on. After they get up from nap she sanitizes mats and they take their own personal pillow, blanket, etc and put it in the bag they brought with them.
• Cots/Cribs Are Places 3 Feet Apart Or Have Barrier And Assigned To A Specific Child Or Cleaned and Sanitized After Each Use