Nowadays it becomes more and more difficult to win your target audience’s attention using only ATL communications. And every person who starts out as a business man, who begins thinking about the advertising campaign, faces the following question: how to avoid the overloaded advertising communications?
The second topic problem is money. It is natural enough that beginners in business face the lack of money and the second topic question is: how to introduce the advertising campaign without big costs?
The answer to some extent to these questions is guerrilla marketing. So, guerrilla marketing – what is it?
First there's marketing. Then you have ...view middle of the document...
In the words of the Father of Guerrilla Marketing, Jay Conrad Levinson, this describes guerrilla marketing: "I'm referring to the soul and essence of guerrilla marketing which remain as always -- achieving conventional goals, such as profits and joy, with unconventional methods, such as investing energy instead of money.”
The key principles
Jay Conrad Levinson has laid out some key principles to help explain the essence of guerrilla marketing:
* Guerrilla marketing is based on human psychology and the way people think and react vs. judgment and guesswork.
* With guerrilla marketing, there's an emphasis on profits, not just sales.
* A good measure of guerrilla marketing is the number of relationships you build over a particular period of time.
* Guerrilla marketing employs a focus on markets and target audiences vs. trying to be all things to mass markets.
* There's a concentration on three specific ways to increase business: new referrals, more transactions from existing customers and larger transactions from existing customers.
* Instead of out-and-out competition, guerrilla marketing supports cooperation with other businesses.
* Guerrilla marketing is made up of many elements all working together and supporting each component of the program.
* Technology is the guerrilla marketer's friend. Use it. Leverage it. Profit from it.
How guerrilla marketer should act?
This type of marketing is primarily designed for small businesses and independent professionals. Other organizations such as nonprofits have also found it beneficial. It's great for small business because it's important for a guerrilla marketer to be flexible and agile to react to marketplace environments and influences-- without layers of bureaucracy to go through, small businesses can change course as needed.
Guerrilla marketing has a major profit orientation and emphasis. Since guerrilla marketers don't have unlimited funds, they must employ smarter rather than harder ways to work. This is done through the full use of time, energy, information, knowledge and, most of all, imagination. The guerrilla marketer must use all of his or her contacts to network, find creative publicity stories, angles and outlets, and generate ideas that'll get noticed and talked about.
The main types (methods) of guerrilla marketing.