Bus 103, Section 023
TA: Bruce Zhang
Temporal, P. (2002). Advanced Brand Management. Culture Insight Strategy, P1-78.
• In the early days of mass production, most of marketers failed because they didn’t know what consumers needed and then produce products that they thought the public needed. As time passed, marketers soon learned that they should care more about what customers had in mind; therefore, the whole world has now become brand-conscious. Pg 12
• If we want achieve spectacular financial results from brand, we should created, developed, and managed it well. There is difference between brand value and brand equity in terminology; however, it appears that there is a connection between them. On the other hand, in order to latest profitable in market, marketer should strengthen the relationship of the brand with ...view middle of the document...
Probably one of the most successful ways to build and emotional brand strategy is to create a personality for brand, develop an attitude toward life, and establish trust in the brand. Pg 23
• Developing the attributes of speed, agility, and innovation are necessary for companies who wants to build a great brand in today’s society. Pg28
• Positioning is vital to brand management because it takes the basic tangible aspects of the product and actually builds the intangibles in the form of an image in people’s minds. If personality is the main part of brand identity, positioning is the other pillar of a brand’s strategic platform. Pg 33
• Most positioning is repositioning. You will need to reposition if you want to change it. Eight reasons for repositioning: 1. Poor, tarnished, outdated, or inconsistent image 2. Fuzzy, blurred image 3. Change in the target audience or in their needs and wants 4. A change in strategic direction 5. New or revitalized corporate personality/identity 6. Change in competitor positioning 7. Momentous event 8. Rediscovery of lost values. Pg 43
• Position statements are internal documents, not meant for public consumption. They summarize strategy, and act as a guide for strategic marketing and brand management. Perfect positioning brings about differentiation and brand strength. Pg 49
• Using worldwide strategy to leverage the corporate brand name by attaching it to some of its product brands as a source reference can make brand extensions. Moreover, a fast-growing brand in a niche market should pay attention to building corporate brand value through a consistent naming architecture across its product and sub-brand portfolio. Pg 52
• For merger and acquisition issues, if the names of the brands are not retained, it will make consumer confuse; therefore, when agencies present brand managers with advertising copy, it should be checked against the brand personality to determine whether it is on strategy or not. Furthermore, the names should be short, memorable, meaningful, relevant, and different. Pg 53