Chapter – 1
1.1 Background of the Study
After completion of all the required courses of MBA program under Stamford University Bangladesh, it is an indispensable part of the study to get involved in a practical professional environment. I had joined with The Rupali Bank Ltd. Local Office, Dhaka for a three months period. Local Office, Dhaka, is the main branch of the Rupali Bank Ltd. And it performs the entire banking activities including General Banking, Loan & Advance and Foreign Trade Financing. As a result, one can easily learn all the simple and intricate banking operations from the activities of this branch. So I select rupali Bank Ltd. Local Office, Dhaka, as sampling ...view middle of the document...
Quite often a research hypothesis is a predictive statement, capable of being tested by scientific methods, that relates an independent variable to some dependent variable.
1.4 Objectives of the Study.
• Get the knowledge about report writing.
• To make a study (theoretical & practical ) and prepare a report that reflects our understandings and knowledge attained during the period.
• To know about the company and its products/services.
• To get a good understanding of “Foreign Trade Financing” activities of the bank.
• To make some findings and put forward some recommendations.
1.5 Methodology of the Study
The needed for conducting the study have been collected from the primary sources as well as secondary sources. In collecting the necessary data, care has been taken so that all the variables that may in some way can’t affect the objectives of the study. The information that I used in this study is collected from the following sources:
Primary data sources:
• Personal interview with the employees
• Practical desk work
• Face to face conversation with the client
Secondary data sources:
• Bulletin published by the bank
• Annual statement of the bank
• Previous research books and journals
• Different books about banking
1.6 Scope and Rationale of the study
The main focus of the study is “Foreign trade Financing” of RBL”. The topic is fixed. But the report has tried to cover overview of RBL objectives, functions, management policy and other things. This report has also mentioned some problems of RBL’s Operating systems and its solutions. The empirical part includes only the published information and current practices of the Rupali Bank Limited.
Report1.7 Limitations of the
Like every other studies, I too faced some constraints during my project period which otherwise would have enabled me in making my study more appropriate and logical. The limitation is from both side the bank as well as myself. The followings are some of the shortcoming, I came across:
• I had to go to almost every Department of RBL as part of the internship program. There is a very short span of time to get in-depth knowledge about a massive organization like RBL.
• Officials of RBL maintain a very busy schedule. So they are not always able to provide enough time to enlighten the internee students every time even if they had the intention to do so.
• The area covered by the report “Foreign Trade Financing” of RBL concerns a huge number of activities in a report of this scale.
• Supply of more practical and contemporary data was another shortcoming.
• Last but not least; the report would have more better and practical, as I too have shortcoming with time, knowledge and capacity.
• The allocated time was not enough for getting a sound...