1. What is a byte?
A: 8 Bits
2. When using a truth table, 1 and 0 equal ______.
3. What do parentheses do in mathematical equations?
A: Ensure that whatever operation is inside the parentheses is performed first
4. What is a node on a network?
A: Any device connected to a network.
5. Which of these following physical topologies has the inherent weakness of a single point of
A: Star Topology
6. What is the protocol for internet? What are the parts of a web address?
7. What is basic to every networking standard?
8. Why is the TCP/IP model divided into layers?
A: For Troubleshooting and Teaching
9. Which layer of the OSI model ...view middle of the document...
What is an Omnidirectional antenna for?
A: To send signal in all directions surrounding an access point.
21. If an enterprise purchases a WAN link from a service provider and expects that link to be available all of the time, it refers to the link as a ______ circuit.
A: Dedicated, Leased Line
22. What is a layer three network device?
A: The Router
23. What is a Demarc in networking?
A: The lines point of entry from Internet Service Provider (ISP) to your network.
24. What is SONET and where is it used?
A: Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET) is a standardized protocol that transfers multiple digital bit streams over optical fiber using lasers or highly coherent light from light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
25. Which of the following is a primary function of the IP protocol?
A: Internet Protocol’s primary function is logical network layer addressing of hosts and delivery of information in the form of datagrams between hosts.
26. What do dynamic routing protocols do?
A: Allows creation of routing tables for faster data transport.
27. What IP ranges define Class A, Class B and Class C?
A: Class A = 0-127
Class B = 128-191
Class C = 192-224
28. Which IP protocol is designed to dynamically assign IP addresses to devices on a LAN?
29. To divide a Class C network into six subnets how many bits must you borrow from the Host Octet?
A: 3 from the last octet
30. How does a PC send data to a network in a different subnet?
A: Routes an address to the routers Gateway and forwards data to the specified address and then with a return address returns to the sender.
31. What are the two parts of an IP address? Network Identifier and?
A: Network and Host, Network Identifier and Host Identifier.
32. What is the internet edge? What is the Internet Core?
A: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is the edge and interconnected ISPs are the Internet Core.
33. What provides network security at the Internet Edge?
A: a Firewall
34. What does the Internet Core look like?
A: Spider Web-like Connections of many ISPs through routers.
35. What technique does a cable provider use to allow video and data transmissions on the same piece of coaxial cable in a customer’s home?
A: Frequency Shift Keying (FSK)
36. What technology is the wireless choice for...