ENGL 102: Literature and Composition
In today’s world we are surrounded by great people everyday, however, unfortunately there are just as many bad people as good. This is a world where people sin everyday repeatedly like there is nothing that should stop them. Where people take advantage and prey on the innocent. A world in which it grows harder and harder to trust because there are so many people with cold hearts that don’t have the first clue what it means to be genuine. We are all practically living in a world that is full of self-centered people that are only looking out for themselves and what benefits them. Besides that, they have no true value of other ...view middle of the document...
He will never turn his back on you.
- We live in a world made up of so many characteristics of so many different people
-These stories can both be compared and contrasted as well, but they have a lot involved with them that can help us learn as well as set an example
- There is comparing, contrasting, and Biblical relations that can all be made involving these two stories
II. Comparing “The Lottery” and “The Most Dangerous Game”
- Within both of these stories, there is selfishness, cruelty, and violence.
- Both have similar plots that are highly revolved around the potential loss of life
-Both involve the conflict of someone trying to escape death
-Both start out normal with normal people and unravel evil
III. Contrasting “The Lottery” and “The Most Dangerous Game”
- The Lottery narrator is unknown, The Most Dangerous game narrator is the main character
- The Lottery has someone in the community that will have to die, The Most Dangerous game involves a human hunting to kill another human
- The Lottery shows how people become blind to certain things due to their obsession with a tradition, while The Most Dangerous game does not involve a tradition but does involve a mans fetish to hunt humans almost like animals hunt for the perfect prey
IV. What does the Bible say about these Characteristics
- The Bible does not encourage violence and definitely not killing your “Fellow brother”
- The Bible does not encourage betraying people
- The Bible tries to instill God’s peace to be with you and all his blessings be positive and not negative and hurtful
- Between comparing as well as contrasting these two stories you are definitely able to tell how important the characteristics of each are
- They were both great reads and very beneficial to understanding some of the courses current terms
- God will forever be the answer and knowing that his intentions would never be this type of behavior shall all remind us how out of control it is.
“The Lottery” vs. “The Most Dangerous Game”
Today, we live in a world made up of so many characteristics of so many different people that some how all have to come together and work on a day-to-day basis. The two stories I have chosen to take a deeper look into are “The Lottery” and “The Most Dangerous Game.” Both of these stories are so alike yet so different. They can be compared and contrasted, but yet they also have a lot involved with them that can help us learn, as well as set an example. Within these two stories there are characterizations that all can be drawn back into God and his intentions for our lives and how they should be lived by obeying him.
“The Lottery” and “The Most Dangerous Game” liked mentioned before have a lot in common. When comparing these two stories, it is easy enough to say that within both of these stories, selfishness plays a role as well as violence and cruelty toward others. Both have...