5 Famous Local Chefs
a. Annie Carmona-Lim - popularly known as Chef Annie or Chocolate Queen, is a pastry chef, entrepreneur, and television host in the Philippines.
- In 1995, Lim established Castle of Baking and Confectionery Arts, a culinary school housed in a castle-like edifice in Quezon City, Philippines. She also opened Chocolate Lovers Incorporated, a retailer and wholesaler of baking and confectionery supplies.
- Lim has hosted Sweet Sense, a cooking show, and Creative Life, a magazine show focusing on cooking, gardening, and interior design. Both shows have been aired in ABC-5 Television Network.
b. Eugenio R. Gonzalez - popularly known as Chef Gene, is a Filipino ...view middle of the document...
- Daza became a judge of cooking contests held by Manila Gas Corporation from 1957 to 1960. She hosted television cooking shows At Home with Nora and Cooking It Up with Nora to wide popular acclaim and viewership for several years. She was appointed Director of Manila Gas Cooking School where she selected, modified, checked, and kitchen-tested over five-hundred recipes for around three-thousand students who enrolled over a period of four years.
- Daza authored several cookbooks and became a columnist for several national dailies and lifestyle magazines. She has put up fine dining restaurants, including Au Bon Vivant, reputedly the first restaurant in Manila to offer authentic French cuisine.
e. Cristeta Pasia Comerford - is a Filipino American chef who has been the White House Executive Chef since 2005. She is the first woman to be selected for the post, and also the first of Asian American descent.
- Comerford's first job was at the Sheraton Hotel near O'Hare International Airport. She also worked at the Hyatt Regency hotel. After Chicago, she moved to Washington, D.C., and worked as a chef at two restaurants.
- After Scheib resigned in February 2005, Comerford was appointed White House executive chef by First Lady Laura Bush on August 14, 2005. Comerford is the first female White House executive chef and the first person of ethnic minority origin to hold this position.
5 Famous International Chefs
a. Jamie Oliver - is a phenomenon in the world of food. He is one of the world's best-loved television personalities and one of Britain's most famous exports.
- is an English chef, restaurateur...