Ethical perceptions of hospitality
student and discussion of ethical behavior.
This article is a summary of the result of a brief survey of upper level undergraduate students in Hospitality Management program and how the collected information was use in class discussion concerning ethical decision making.
1. Ethics in the hospitality industry.
4. ethics in decision making
The results of the survey were used to generate discussion.
In this survey we will know how the managerial decision making impact the ethic of each stakeholder of an organization. Under this it covered the breaches of corporate business ...view middle of the document...
Hospitality - is the relationship between guest and host, or the act or practice of being hospitable. Specifically, this includes the reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers, resorts, membership clubs, conventions, attractions, special events, and other services for travelers and tourists.
The topic of ethics has been widely discussed in the hospitality literature, in this article we will certainly understand the ethical issues and surveyed by certain hospitality literature.
- An investigation by Reynolds (2000) found the aggregated attribute honesty/integrity/strong ethics to be an important success factor for chain restaurant manager.
- Chung – Herrera, Enz, and Lankau (2003) presented a competencies model for future hotel managers as developed from a survey of industry leaders. The identified competency of self – management included dimension of ethics and integrity, which in turn contained six specific behavioral competencies. Ethics and integrity had the highest mean score of all dimensions named.
- In the study of hospitality industry employees Yeung (2004) Identified eight categories of ethical issues, including business fraud, social conscience, and environmental protection.
- It is also found that ethical issues of theft of company property, sexual harassment, and acceptance of bribes or gifts as being important topics for discussion in the hospitality curriculum.
In this study some hospitality literature examine and agreed that perceptions of ethics educator and implications as stated by hospitality educators. It is also believe that ethics related issues should be addressed and that it be done before students enter the hospitality industry.
The purpose of this article
- First objective is to present the results of a multiyear study of student responses to questions related to ethics and the hospitality industry.
- Second objective is to present an approach to the discussion of ethics, ethical decision making and the consequences of actions in a portion of a larger course or current issues.
The course sessions on...