RECRUITMENT & SELECTION (Task 1)
Recruitment refers to the process of attracting, screening and selecting qualified candidates for a particular position within an organisation. This activity is important for managing and securing an effective workforce. Initially Mr Dawkins should understand and take into consideration strategic goals for the Hotel and/or department as well as conducting a job analysis. The next measure that should be taken is developing a position description. In Particular, Mr Dawkins should identify a description for a hotel manager. A position description is the core of a successful recruitment process. It is used to develop interview questions, interview ...view middle of the document...
The costs associated with employee turnover can include lost customers and business as well as damaged morale within employees. In addition, there are costs incurred in screening, verifying references, interviewing, hiring and training a new employee.
Here are some of the goals and objectives of a recruitment strategy:
* Increase the awareness of Dawkin’s Cambridge hotel as a desirable location to work and live.
* Attract people to Cambridge hotel for specialized and hard to fill positions.
* Improve Cambridge hotel’s access to information/tools to support their ability to recruit employees.
Retention strategies strengthen the ability of businesses to attract and retain their workforce .once the right staff persons have been recruited, retention practices provide the tools necessary to support staff.
Here are some goals and objectives of a retention strategy:
* Increase awareness of the importance of employee retention.
* Improve Cambridge hotel employers’ access to information/tools to support their ability to retain employees.
* Increase employers’ awareness of the barriers to employee retention.
METHODS OF COMMUNICATION
Electronic communication involves the use of technology to distribute a message across.
Are suitable for quick and direct communication with a variable service charge. Suitable for...